|Lieu||Kraków, , Poland|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
You as a Lead Contract Manager, will be part of Power Grids, Grid Integration (PGGI) business based in Warsaw or Krakow, Poland. The successful candidate shall initially be based in Ludvika, Sweden for 6-9 months period at the onset of the project then shall relocate to HE office in Poland for the remaining duration of the project with frequent travel to Sweden. There is also an option to continue be based in Ludvika, Sweden with frequent project travel to Poland. With your analytical, hands-on and autonomous approach, you contribute to the successful performance of Contract Management in the assigned project. You are a reliable partner, when it comes to the day-to-day contract administration and project execution, flow-down and preparation of subcontracts/purchase orders. You will be ensuring contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed protecting HE’s interests throughout project(s) lifecycle. Do you enjoy working in teams to enhance their performance through your competence? Are you looking for a position, where you can work and interface with various business and project disciplines and work as a part of a Contract Management team? If so, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Ensuring that own assigned portfolio of contracts or specific project(s) (back-office or at the site) follow contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Provides guidance and leadership on contract-related matters to cross-functional project team members.
- Developing contract strategy based on HE’s policies, customer requirements, and the overall executing strategy considering risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- Identifying the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlighting areas of opportunities and potential risks.
- Ensuring timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts / subcontracts (e.g., payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.).
- Verifying that all parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding.
- Assessing the success of the contract and determines if there are any lessons learned for future contracting.
- Documenting and communicating to all relevant parties any deficiencies found as part of the closeout process.
- Establishing and enforcing standard methodologies in portfolio of contracts to identify, notify, enforce or defend changes / claims (passive/active) coming from / towards third parties.
- In concert with HE Legal, develops the negotiation strategy and supports negotiations. Supports HE Legal in handling dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration proceedings. Notifies and liaises with HE Legal to report major claims and keeps HE Legal updated on any critical development during project execution.
- Supporting in drafting of Contracts, Subcontracts and Supply Contracts and ensuring that relevant (supply / sub) contracts contain appropriate contract terms to protect HE's interest including flow-down of main contract terms.
- Analyzing contract terms to highlight areas of potential opportunity and risk.
- Seeking advice from HE Legal to draft, negotiating and finalizing agreements during the Project Execution phases.
- Developing and implementing risk mitigation and opportunity plans in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures insurance provisions within the contract are adhered to and coordinates with Insurance Risk Management regarding occurrences that may be covered by customer / third-party, or HE provided insurance. Supporting Insurance Risk Management in producing damage reports.
- Seeking advice from HE Legal/Export Control to ensure accurate handling of all export control matters regarding restrictions on exports, applicable destination laws considering countries, customers or products involved and the respective laws and HE regulations.
- Safety & Integrity: Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Ability to fluently read, write, speak and negotiate in Polish and English. Any additional language is a plus.
- Working knowledge/hands-on experience on contracts executed under the Polish law within the Polish market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Economics or Law.
- Preferably 10 years or more hands-on experience in EPC projects within the fields of power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, transmission or similar industrial plant within Contract Management and Subcontract Management functions (with emphasis on civil and electrical installations interfaces).
- Demonstrating successful experience in processing, managing and administrating varying sizes, types and complexity of contractual agreements during the execution and closing stages of projects lifecycle.
- Previous experience in the Poland power transmission/grid projects is highly desirable.
- Solid experience in project’s change management, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
- Ability to interface and negotiate with customers and subcontractors regarding all matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Ability to work in a corporate office and/or project site environment.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com