|Lieu||Kraków, , Poland|
|Type de rôle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering quality products and solutions to our customers. Over 60 years ago, Hitachi Energy introduced a new way of transmitting electricity across long distances with minimum losses – High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC). HVDC technology can now deliver up to 12 gigawatts of power at voltage levels of up to 1,100 kV, covering distances of more than 3,000 kilometers. HVDC enables easier integration of renewable energy sources. You will contribute significantly to successful results in the heart of HVDC station: Modular Advanced Control for HVDC (MACH™). The MACH™ control system provides unequalled calculation capacity and enables a high degree of integration and handling for all control and protection functions. Moreover, MACH™ control provides advanced fault registration and remote-control functions. The system is designed to run 24/7 for thirty years or more, allowing the HVDC system to be controlled and protected in the most reliable way throughout its lifetime. As a part of global R&D organization you will cooperate on daily bases with colleagues from MACH teams in Sweden and India. Development in Krakow is focused among I/O systems, DSP (digital signal processor) units, and Power Electronics control units. Working under SAFe framework you will develop further your skills and contribute into development of next generations of MACH™ system. You are going to work in the team led by Tomasz Dziubinski.
- You will be part of our R&D team in Hitachi Energy Technology Center. Our cross-functional SAFe/Agile teams are developing End-to-End embedded solutions including software, hardware and FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) in close collaboration with the global organization. Now we are looking for enthusiasts who would like to strengthen our team.
- As an Engineer at MACH Software Development within HVDC, you will be involved in development and taking care of products assigned to team in wide range of embedded systems (ARM, DSP, SoC...), from pre-study and design to tests and integration.
- Together with your highly competent colleagues in well-cooperating team you will further develop your skills in software development, both by taking part in, and contributing to, our notable talent pool.
- We offer an exciting job in an international environment where you will get great possibilities to develop further and within Hitachi Energy.
- You will work in a future-oriented industry full of interesting projects and challenges.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You have a genuine interest in computers, programming and innovative technology combined with several years’ experience in similar work.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree within Embedded Systems, Computer Science, Data Communications is highly qualified. However, the most important thing is your experience and interest.
- +5 years development experience in C/C++ .
- Proven experience in embedded systems architecture as well as in embedded software development and real time operating systems.
- Experience in GitHub, git.
- Experience in .NET and software development using Visual Studio, data communications and AzureDevops.
- Experience in FPGA/VHDL and scripting languages like Python.
- Experience in electronics design.
- Experience in Software Development Processes (including SAFe, Agile, Scrum).
- Analytical skills and creativity very welcomed.
- As you will be part of a global business, outstanding communication and fluency in English is required, written, and spoken alike.
- Teamwork skills.
More about us
•Modern and friendly office in the city center. •Flexible working hours. •International and sustainable working environment. •Innovative projects with the possibility of real impact on energy industry. •Valuable technical trainings and possibility to learn. •Knowledge sharing initiatives. •Focusing on stability and employee long term relationship. Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com