|Lieu||St. Louis, Missouri, USA|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Area Sales Manager for its Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania. This role is responsible for providing internal and external technical expertise and counsel relating to High Voltage Components products. It also includes participating in sales programs to sell products and services and providing customers with engineering expertise relative to specific product lines. Manage a designated territory planning and communications efforts directed at increasing sales of High Voltage Components products and improving services. Direct the implementation of marketing strategies designed to maximize profit margins and ensure customer satisfaction. This position supports the sales and marketing efforts of the Hitachi Energy PGHV High Voltage Component NAM. Products supplied include capacitors, capacitor banks and harmonic filters, Surge Arresters, Energy storage and Disconnect switches.
- Increase new and existing sales and business by supporting the Sales organization
- Promote Hitachi Energy products internally and externally by providing webinars, seminars, presentations, Lunch & Learns etc…
- Provide relevant knowledge on products to customers, sales organization etc.
- Prepares offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensures appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Report monthly sales activities, customer visits Requests the sales forecast
- Direct the evaluation of new or improved products and new business opportunities. Assist Front End Sales, Engineering, and other organizations in developing and implementing strategies to capture additional sales and market share and increase profits. Provide advice and counsel to management regarding various marketing efforts.
- Develop strategic profiles of key and potential competitors, and forecast markets, business volume and market share. Provide marketing support for corporate strategic planning.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities related to power quality products.
- Evaluate market conditions, prepare sales plans and forecasts and develop cost effective business strategies to achieve objectives.
- Develop the market for energy storage systems.
- Evaluate specific market need in energy storage systems.
- Interpret customer’s RFQ and project specifications, and prepare technical and commercial proposals for timely submission to customers.
- Occasionally, perform site survey, gather information at site, and identify customer’s needs for certain projects.
- Participate in customer meetings for such as solution presentation, technical clarification, etc.
- Identify product development needs and report on competitive activities
- Work with customers to influence specifications at specifiers, and EPC’s
- Be resourceful and create better ways to approach the changing market
- Realization of division budget objectives established for orders, revenues and profit margins
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering and related field plus 8 to 12 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum of 10 years sales/marketing experience desired (12-15 years preferred). Division experience also beneficial
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel, as needed 50% and more
- Good communication and writing skills. Feel at ease with making technical presentations to large groups.
- Good customer focused positive attitude, works well with others and a team player
- Proficient in use of computers, emails etc…
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program