|Lieu||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Type de rôle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Transportation Operation Specialist for its Hub Transport function. This position can be in Pittsburgh or Mount Pleasant, PA. This role is responsible for working with Hitachi Energy factories to prepare and ensure a high level of service and cost-effective movement of goods for Supplier inbound and Customer outbound. The environment is fast paced with constantly changing demands and requires on-going attention to Hitachi Energy Factory requirements, balancing of transport requests with available transport options, and real time communication of service issues with shippers and receivers. The position requires making decisions which impact cost and service on a constant basis with minimal review and requires a broad range of knowledge of international shipping, preferred lanes, rates, equipment availability, understanding of Incoterms and U.S. Customs import requirements.
- Plan and optimize multi-leg (e.g., truck, rail, cranes, ocean, and airfreight) and multi-segment (e.g., stop-offs) shipments
- Interface with international Suppliers on all requirements for successful transportation and U.S. Customs clearance process Interface
- Establish and maintain international Supplier list capturing critical data related to transportation
- Manage international freight exception handling with timely resolution of issues and updates to stakeholder(s)
- Work in partnership with factory staff on manufacturing schedules for transportation planning and execution and ensure Business Line provides all necessary documentation
- Understands different planning techniques including the functionality of transport management systems and load planning tools
- Understand international / cross border shipping requirements working with Freight Forwarders and Brokers
- Prepare Freight Savings and Ad Hoc reports and ability to justify cost overruns should they occur
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in a role supporting international transportation, experience, or 5+ years of experience in international transportation/supply chain and US import
- Experience with Full Truck Load and Less than Truck Load, US Import, Rail and Ocean Transport
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Knowledge of international transportation, Incoterms, U.S. Customs import and international documentation requirements.
- Experience in working with advanced TMS platforms such as Oracle TM, JDA TMS, INET, etc. preferred
- Self-managed to meet organizational goals
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program