|Lieu||South Boston, Virginia, USA|
|Type de rôle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Assistant Program Manager for its South Boston, VA location. This role is responsible to lead the execution of small to medium size projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with Hitachi Energy policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments. Working in close collaboration with PM’s, customers, engineering, quality, production, supply chain, sales, etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Define, jointly with the Finance, Quality, Engineering and Planning departments, the projects defined with the PM, plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule, and support on the risk management check.
- Provide performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects
- Achieve project deliverables and compliance with contract requirements as defined with the PM team. Support the PM team in all aspects of the project to agreed-upon customer requirements and ensure all technical, safety, quality and financial targets are met.
- Support in the coordination process with Supply Chain team, and successfully procure required services, materials, and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
- Support the PM team to monitor each stage of project implementation to ensure best practices in scope control, cost control, resource efficiency, risk management, health and safety, and the environment
- Support the oversee project invoicing status, cost, expenses, and cash flow
- Identify, qualify, quantify, manage, and mitigate project risks, and ensure that all opportunities are identified and pursued
- Work with the PM team to ensure that the project consistently applies contract and claim management, in accordance with Hitachi Energy policies and contractual agreements
- Ensure that the project follows execution best practices and Hitachi Energy policies. Effectively monitor and control project progress with the specific task assigned and efficient resource utilization.
- Live Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Science in System, digital or similar, Business Management, Administration or equivalent, with 1 to 2 years relevant experience
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- CAPM certification is an asset or benefit.
- Asset: Experience in management of project scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, and vendors/subcontractors
- Asset: Knowledge and experience in SAP, MS Project, MS Excel, and other PM tools
- Asset: experience in customer relations or customer service
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills. Dynamic and can adapt to change
- Results oriented with influencing capabilities
- Ability to lead and manage concurrent priorities
- Positive and inclusive, with ability to influence
- Tact, empathy, diplomacy, and efficiency in communicating effectively
- Decision making capability with ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to travel when required
- Location is open within Continental North America
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1