|Lieu||South Boston, Virginia, USA|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Project Financial Analyst for its South Boston, VA location. This role is responsible for the financial management of the project business of the PT Business in South Boston including coordination and direction of the account processes, budget and forecast planning, and all other activities necessary for a successful financial function. You will also provide support and serve as a Consultant and Advisor to the LPG Controller. You will work as part of our Power Grids team, which engineers’ solutions and products such as switchgear, capacitors, distribution, and traction transformers.
- Assure compliance and enforcement of Business Unit (BUU) specific finance directives and instructions, including the Group Accounting and Reporting Guidelines.
- Identify risks and assure proper risk management procedures including SOX controls area adequate and effective.
- Support the BUU in strategic planning and implementation of agreed to programs and plans.
- Review routine actual cost vs plan on a project by project basis.
- Support the Local Product Group (LPG) in budgeting and implementation of agreed to programs and plans to achieve these budgets.
- Support the LPT in financial analysis and forecasting to provide management information, then follow with direct actions and provide tools that facilitate implementation of actions to achieve performances as planned.
- Assist with system (Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) support system) utilization and enhancements.
- Serve as a Consultant and Advisor to General Manager and Management Team Members.
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs) and assure implementation and use to improve business performance.
- Perform analysis and reviews of proposals, performances, and actions within the BU, and recommend next steps.
- Assure proper financial reporting as required for the business.
- Push continuous improvements and cost reductions.
- Ensure coordination and cooperation with shared service centers.
- Provide dual support to Large medium Distribution Transformer (DTR) operations as required for common operations (approximately 25%)
- Follow and perform duties in accordance with the ABB Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and a minimum of 5 years of finance/accounting operational/experience in a multinational company OR; Master’s degree and 3 years of finance/accounting operational experience in a multinational company.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Accountancy.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA) and/or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
- The position requires a broad knowledge of diverse financial functions in an engineering manufacturing company and general business.
- The complex financial and related responsibilities of this position require exceptional analytical decision making and planning skills.
- Understanding ABB financial and business processes and structure is preferred.
- Understand the SAP Project Module.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. This position requires regular communication with local management.
- Proven ability to work at a high degree of teamwork and group synergy.
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SAP, Excel, and PowerPoint. Use of Excel should include V-lookup, sensitivity analysis, macros, external source data links, and pivot tables.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1