|Lieu||Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Type de rôle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Supply Quality Engineer for it's Mount Pleasant, PA location. This role is responsible to ensure customers satisfied with PGHV products via applying risk-oriented quality assurance methodologies and necessary supplier improvement initiatives to achieve on-time and on-quality delivery of the supplier parts/materials. Complete quality audits, surveillance, and the inspections at supplier manufacturing locations. Perform supply quality issue resolution for escalated suppliers. Lead the supplier performance tracking for each BU/HUB category. Lead the supplier performance improvement actions for the targeted suppliers. Implement and sustain PG/PGHV supply quality procedures within the BU/HUB’s. Ensure the appropriate utilization of the SBM tools.
- Supplier Qualification:
- Support Category teams within the supplier qualification process through evaluating the supplier qualification assessment forms and recommending the appropriate qualification level.
- Ensure the supply base is and remains fully qualified and compliant through regular monitoring and the reporting of the qualification status.
- Supplier Assessment (On-site Audits):
- Plan and conduct the required supplier on-site audits including the assessment reporting (with qualification decision), corrective action plan alignment with the suppliers
- Follow-up and confirm the effective closure of corrective action plan items by the suppliers.
- Supply Base Compliance (for HUB SQEs):
- Participate in the SSDP (Supplier Sustainability Development Program) assessments.
- Conduct regular status update meetings with the suppliers and confirm the closure of corrective action plan items by the suppliers within the defined resolution time frame.
- Parts Qualification:
- PPAP process governance for BU/HUB Category parts/components (creation of category specific parts approval requirement standard).
- Lead the production part approval process for the high priority cases including the coordination of trial parts and first article inspection activities with the factory quality.
- Visualize the successfully completed PPAP’s at the global/regional level to all SCM/Quality community to avoid the duplication of the efforts.
- Supplier Issue Resolution, Non-Conformance, and Claim Management:
- Lead the non-conformity resolution process with the suppliers in case of the escalated technical issues from the factories and ensure the effective root-cause analysis and the countermeasure implementation by the suppliers.
- Lead the escalation of the suppliers to BU/HUB SQM in-case of the poor resolution of the identified issues.
- Supplier Performance Monitoring:
- Monitor and consolidate the supplier delivery and quality KPI’s, the critical non-conformities escalated from the factories.
- Ensure completion of annual Supplier Performance Evaluations (SPE) for the identified suppliers by the category management (including reporting per Category/HUB)
- Identify the critical supplier list per category and define the improvement target(s) per supplier.
- Plan/execute the supplier on-site assessment in case of a detailed process investigation is required.
- Share the supplier performance KPI’s and the critical supplier list regularly with the BU/HUB SCM and the Category Teams.
- Supplier Performance Improvement:
- Lead the supplier performance improvement actions for the targeted suppliers to meet the customer and the ABB factories’ expectations (following DMAIC, A3 and/or 8D methodology).
- Lead the escalation of the suppliers to BU/HUB Category Management in-case of uncollaborative suppliers.
- Process and Systems Compliance:
- Implement PG/PGHV supply quality procedures within the assigned responsibility area.
- Develop/issue the specific supplier and part/material quality procedures for the related category.
- Ensure the appropriate utilization of the SBM tools within the BU/HUB organizations and the local units.
- Monitor and ensure the supplier performance data, the supplier quality costs and the claims are reported according to PG/PGHV guidelines and instructions.
- Interface with Category Management:
- Closely collaborate with the Category teams to support the implementation of Category strategy (CIPS) and provide recommendations from supplier performance and capability perspectives (e.g: support for the supplier classification, new supplier selection, onboarding or de-sourcing recommendation).
- Interface with the Suppliers:
- Represent the “voice of customer” to the suppliers during the supplier audits and as well as other remote activities and followup (e.g: interface with suppliers’ engineering, operations and quality senior management).
- Quality Projects:
- Complete special quality and continuous improvement projects such as Advanced Product Quality Planning, Lean Six Sigma, supplier manuals, etc. in line with the yearly BU SQ targets.
- Lead and execute the assigned Dynamic Evolution projects for the corresponding categories (including the team establishment, necessary preparation to pass each gate and tracking of benefit realization).
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline is required.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Quality or Supplier Quality engineering role is required. A minimum 2 years of experience in Supplier Quality role desired.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical drawings or specifications. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, Cpk, Cpq, and statistical techniques.
- Demonstrates advanced/thorough knowledge of the function and business.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of the function and a thorough understanding of and related business.
- Demonstrates knowledge of multiple functional technologies/ processes, industries or functions and understanding of interdependencies of such processes at the site.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Audit experience. Familiar with Quality Management Systems such as: ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001
- Strong negotiating, influence, and leadership abilities.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently during difficult situations. Ability to work in a team environment and work through others.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills. Ability to define and complete a project from start to end.
- Action oriented when facing issue, change and uncertainty. Use data to drive decision making process.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance