|Lieu||Houston, Texas, USA|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Field Service Engineer - Northeast Territory (REMOTE) for its North East Region. This role is responsible for emergency support, troubleshooting, and maintenance, but can also be involved in station installation, commissioning, and upgrades.
- The Service Engineer will serve as the first point of contact and subject matter expert for maintenance & repair of FACTS & HVDC stations/systems
- Customer support will be provided via phone communication and deployments to the customer site
- The Service Engineer will take ownership of customer issues and work collaboratively with warranty project managers to resolve the issues in a timely manner
- The Service Engineer will provide technical expertise, direction, and guidance to less experienced personnel. This can include leading customer training efforts on the station & Hitachi Energy control systems
- The Service Engineer is responsible for understanding health and safety processes and protocols and ensuring the safety of personnel during work activities involving Hitachi Energy
- The Service Engineer must support sales efforts during customer site visits, campaigning for Hitachi Energy and capturing potential business leads
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering (preferably in Power Systems) or equivalent.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in the field of substations and industrial electrification projects, executing commissioning or field service
- Strong knowledge of electrical safety measures, safety regulations, and compliance. Thorough knowledge of substation products, equipment, and engineer concepts/practices
- Significant experience with hands on testing of electrical equipment in substation environments
- Experience working within computer-based control systems
- Knowledge of Power Electronics, SVC, SC, or HVDC technologies, and electrical standards such as ANSI, CSA, IEC, and others
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance