|Lieu||Raleigh, North Carolina, USA|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi energy is seeking an Senior System Design Engineer for its Raleigh, NC location. FACTS (Flexible AC Transmission Systems) technology enables power system owners to increase capacity in the existing electric power system while improving electrical stability. As a result, more power reaches the customer with a minimal environmental impact and at lower investment costs compared to alternative solutions. The G&PQS group in Raleigh, North Carolina, is now expanding the team which develops and delivers this state-of-the-art technology to customers in the North American market. We are looking for you who want to be part of enabling grids for the future.
- Your main task will be to work with system design of our plants to assure the highest quality and robustness in our delivery projects and tenders.
- You will be in close contact with the other engineering disciplines, sub-suppliers, project managers, customers and other Hitachi-Energy units globally.
- You will also have close connection to research and development activities for our complete product portfolio.
- Defining the overall technical solutions and requirements for involved main components based on our customer’s technical specifications.
- As a System Design Engineer, your mission will cover several technical areas, which provide great opportunities for varied and developing work.
- Your tasks will include main circuit design and related design studies as well as possibilities to perform power system studies to verify the plants’ performances in our customers’ networks.
- You will be responsible for the entire System Design’s scope in delivery projects and to coordinate all related tasks to ensure we deliver on time and within budget.
- You will Lead technical discussions with customers and suppliers related to proposed solutions and design concepts.
- Your activities will include supervise, plan and actively participate in Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Test with customer and/or other Hitachi-Energy units.
- You will support and guide less experience colleagues, helping to be developed as FACTS System Design Engineers.
- You will support other areas of the organization with the more complex problems situations related to the tenders, projects, and existing FACTS installations.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required with at least 8 years of experience in the Power Systems field,
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Candidates with additional experience will be considered.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with FACTS technologies.
- HVDC or other grid applications of power electronics is a plus.
- Masters of Science degree in Power Electronics/Power Systems will be evaluated as 1 year of experience in power systems.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance