|Lieu||Denver, Colorado, USA|
|Type de rôle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Field Service Engineer for its Denver, CO location. This role is responsible to plan, execute and lead, with minimal professional guidance, technical field assignments involving the installation, modification, test, commissioning or repair of High Voltage switchgear apparatus in the range of 69kV through 550kV - Circuit Breakers and Instrument Transformers.
- Perform field service operations that present usual or unusual problems requiring solid technical skills.
- Execute or supervise the installation and commissioning of high voltage circuit breakers (69kV through 550kV)
- Supervise electricians and contractors, hired by Hitachi Energy or provided by the customer.
- Execute or supervise the installation and commissioning of high voltage equipment – Generator Circuit Breakers, Dead Tank Breakers, Instrument Transformers, Capacitor banks and filters
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on High Voltage equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, applying own knowledge and experience.
- Perform and document field tests such as SF6 leak detection, gas analysis, timing, power factor, contact resistance
- Compile and evaluate data to determine and resolve operating problems or malfunctions.
- Conduct inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs, and assist in determining resource requirements.
- Develop recommendations and prepare written reports.
- Maintain detailed records and logs.
- Recommend changes such as new equipment or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in planning and coordinating team efforts.
- Often work non standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
- Travel estimated at 80%
- Follow safety policies and procedures
- Technical certificate in an electrical or mechanical related field and total of 5+ years of High Voltage Substations and equipment (>69kV) at field assignments supervising erection and testing. Alternatively, experience with similar equipment (electrical and/or mechanical) on a military assignment may be considered.
- Preferable Bachelors degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Proven leadership experience coordinating and leading crew on electrical projects installation
- Experience working with Power Utilities
- Experience with SF6 gas handling, leak detection and testing
- Reading of electrical drawings and schematics
- Knowledge to operate test equipment, such as CB timers, power factor, TTR, ductor, CT testers
- Familiarity with windows applications
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance