|Lieu||Princeton, New Jersey, USA|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Project Manager for it's Princeton, NJ location. This role is responsible for project execution, contract compliance, customer satisfaction and financial return for one or more GIS new business projects for the NAM region. Develop, recommend, and implement initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and improve performance.
- Leads the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- Provides performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects. Defines, jointly with the Project Controls and Sales department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule, and risk management plans.
- Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and Hitachi Energy policies and processes. Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization throughout all project phases. Coordinate’s product fabrication in remote factories (i.e., Switzerland) with all internal functions and teams maximizing engagement of all parties involved in the project.
- Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses, and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies, and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyzes, and shares lessons learned throughout the project.
- Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer and handover to service department.
- Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with Hitachi Energy policies and contractual agreements.
- Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- Ensures the project follows and complies with company health & safety, environmental and security policies.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering highly preferred and 8+ years of experience in project management or project engineering of complex engineering related projects. Experience with GIS projects or at least of similar size, complexity and HV equipment related is a must (involving engineering, procurement, production, site construction work / installation and commissioning).
- This role can also be filled at the more junior level should the candidate meet the following criteria with the opportunity for future growth:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 5 years of experience in project manager or project engineering of complex engineering related projects. Experience with GIS projects or at least of similar size, complexity and HV equipment related is a must (involving engineering, procurement, production, site construction work / installation and commissioning).
- Must have strong English communication skills and presentation skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to be able to lead project teams towards successful execution and create successful and long-lasting relationships with customers and other internal and external collaborators.
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word).
- Must have strong knowledge of SAP.
- Must have demonstrated experience in negotiation skills.
- Highly prefer PMP certification OR Hitachi Energy Project Manager Certification.
- Experience with Gas Insulated HV switchgear a huge plus.
- Highly prefer experience with Power Distribution/ Utility Electrical products.
- Willing and able to travel as needed up to 30%.
- Candidates must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance