Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy’s business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain.
Hitachi Energy provides products which help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimising environmental impact. Our technological leadership continues to drive developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, battery energy storage systems, smart grids and other projects enhancing eco-efficiency.
Key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, interpreting and advising on legal documents in collaboration with the business to achieve the best commercial outcome whilst mitigating risk.
- Working closely with the Head of Legal to implement company strategies and initiatives in a risk aware manner including:
- populating the legal sections of the Risk Review database; and
- presenting on legal risks at both the regional and global risk review meetings.
- Providing legal advice on a broad range of matters including contract law, real estate, litigation, transactions/anti-trust, compliance, intellectual property, employment/labor, corporate governance, ethics and others.
- Researching, analysing, and interpreting laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Developing awareness of legal issues and their implications across all areas of the business.
- Advising on claims liability, legal rights and obligations and overseeing disputes and litigation matters.
- Anticipating and identifying relevant legislative and compliance changes and providing advice to the business on opportunities or threats arising from them.
- Proactively developing effective legal strategies and practical solutions to address legal issues.
- Ensuring both local and global legal directives and instructions are implemented.
- Facilitating and coordinating the use of external legal providers, including:
- preparing instructions that clearly define the terms of reference for the engagement;
- ensuring that quotes are provided for all advice; and
- monitoring spend to ensure quotes are not exceeded.
- Planning and coordinating legal training for the business with the support of the Head of Legal.
- Driving behavioral change to continuously improve the performance of the business through programs and initiatives.
- Facilitating the sharing of best practices, and ensuring harmonised and standardised processes are applied across Hitachi Energy to deliver consistent and optimised support to the business.
- Assisting with the implementation and the monitoring of integrity across Hitachi Energy and acting as a personal role-model in this regard.
- Bachelor of Laws and Admission (or eligibility for Admission) to the Supreme Court of Queensland (or another Australian jurisdiction).
- At least 4 years post qualification experience in commercial law.
- Strong understanding of AU/NZ commercial contracts and current market positions.
- Experienced working in resources, renewables, power or utilities is desirable although candidates from other industries with a strong commercial contracting background are also encouraged to apply.
- A collaborative, solutions oriented approach with strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders across complex business structures.
- Strong team player who is focused on providing practical commercial solutions.
|Lieu||Fortitude Valley, Queensland, Australia|
|Type d'emploi||Full time|
|Fonction du poste||Legal, Compliance & Audit|
|Contrat||Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)|
|Date de publication||2023-04-20|
|Numéro de réference||R0019394|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company