Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Application Engineer for the Offshore Wind segment to join our Global Center of Competence. The position involves close interaction with Offshore Wind developers, T&D Utility customers, EPC Contractors and local Hitachi Energy units worldwide.
The candidate we are looking for has a clear flair for sustainable energy, is highly motivated with an outgoing personality and has the experience and ability to promote and position our System Solutions and respective Service Solutions in the Offshore Wind segment.
The job offers the right candidate an excellent development opportunity with high exposure within the Hitachi Energy Power Grids organization. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we are looking forward to your application!
Our flexible work practices help you optimize personal and business performance while creating an environment where all employees can develop their skills and grow.
Besides company benefits we are subject to collective bargaining agreement conditions such as of the IG Metall in Germany.
- You will lead the technical development of project specific HV AC transmission solutions for Offshore Wind customers globally
- You will assist the global sales team with presales support and actively promote and differentiate the solution against competition
- You will perform analytic and diagnostic studies to determine most suitable technical solution to meet customer needs
- You will lead and develop Base Solutions for Offshore Wind together with Product Management, R&D and other Business Units
- You will drive evaluation of potential new and existing technologies and coordinate together with Product Management, the introduction of new technology / systems in the markets
- You will share industry and product knowledge with the sales and operational teams to enhance pre-sales skills
- You will develop and maintain excellent relationship with key players in the allocated market
- You will gather market information to ensure updated market knowledge for planning and implementing appropriate market strategies
- You will support as Application Engineer technically the Tender and Execution Teams for HV AC Offshore Wind Projects
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- At least 5 years experience in the Offshore Wind segment or in electrical HV AC Substation business
- Deep understanding of Power Grids, phases of go-to-market and its way of distribution with focus on mission critical applications preferred
- Mind for identifying new business opportunities, great intercultural skills combined with a diplomatic way of negotiating and closing business deals
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel as part of business assignments (~ 30%)
- Flexibility and interest in working within an international team
|Lieu||Mannheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany|
|Type d'emploi||Full time|
|Fonction du poste||Sales, Marketing & Product Management|
|Contrat||Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)|
|Date de publication||2023-05-22|
|Numéro de réference||DE55213185|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company