Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is looking for an Environmental Specialist to join the team at Composites in Piteå, Sweden. At Composites, we develop and manufacture market-leading composite insulators for high-voltage and ultra-high-voltage devices. Our customers are located all over the world, both inside and outside Hitachi.
As an Environmental Specialist at Composites, your main responsibility will be to ensure that our operations are environmentally responsible and compliant with all internal and external policies and regulations. You will also play a critical role in developing and implementing environmental programs to support sustainability initiatives within the company, and you will be the driver to report on progress and performance.
At Composites, you will be welcomed into a team of diverse and experienced professionals where we encourage each other to share and develop our skills and expertise. We are interested to learn more about you and what you can contribute with, so don’t hesitate to apply even though you don’t meet all requirements.
- Develop, implement, and administer environmental programs to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations, standards, and policies.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify potentially hazardous conditions within the workplace and in the external environment, develop strategies to mitigate them, and investigate causes of incidents to prevent their reoccurrence.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the community, environmental groups, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and track environmental performance and report progress to management and regulatory agencies.
- Provide advice and training on safety protocols and conduct internal audits.
- University degree in environmental science, environmental management, work environment engineering, or a related field, alternatively knowledge in the area gained through experience.
- Previous experience working with environmental compliance and management, HSE, quality, sustainability, hazardous waste, and/or chemicals is a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and laws (mainly Miljöbalken) is a great advantage.
- Great communication skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships with regulatory agencies as well as internal stakeholders on all levels.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of the assigned job responsibilities.
- Attention to detail, strong organization skills, and ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Fluency in Swedish and English is required, both written and spoken.
More about us
If you are passionate about environmental protection and sustainability, we invite you to apply to join our team! Last day to send in your application is June 11th. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled in a shorter timeline.
Recruiting manager Jonas Holmgren, +46 730-25 80 50, firstname.lastname@example.org will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Marcus Nordlund-Oja, +46 107-38 31 93, Unionen: Per Lidman, +46 107-38 98 66, Ledarna: Christer Fridlund +46 107-38 29 12. Any other questions can be directed to Talent Acquisition Partner Nicole Bergman, email@example.com.
|Lieu||Pitea, Norrbotten County, Sweden|
|Type d'emploi||Full time|
|Fonction du poste||Legal, Compliance & Audit|
|Date de publication||2023-05-25|
|Numéro de réference||R0017604|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company