- Saving time when writing configuration of multiple IEDs with new batch process for IED read and write operations
- Parameter setting tool does now also support import of parameters in CSV (comma separated value) file format
- Improved tool performance for large projects thanks to native 64-bit operating system support
- PCM600 Update Manager new with offline mode and software export/import functionality
- Configuration migration to the latest versions of 615/620 and RIO IEDs
- Various usability enhancements in ACT
- Multiple main applications can now be stored to same main application (MainApp) template file
- “Replace Function Block” does now automatically reconnect all the available connections of function blocks
- When working with split windows, draw connections between function blocks of the separate windows
- Improved readability of application configurations with new possibility to draw straight connection lines between hardware channels and function block signals by putting names of channel and user defined name to side of the HW channels icons
- Predefined filters for validation messages in output window for separation of information
- Find and replace of text strings allows easy renaming of user defined text on signal connections or function blocks
- The online monitoring does now display also signal values of not connected function block output signals
- Printing to letter format (ANSI)
- IED Summary display provides summary of most important IED properties like IP address, technical key, IED type and version etc. for all IEDs in a project
- IED Compare does now support comparison of several communication protocols
- IEC 61850 (DS, RCB, GCB, SVCB)
- Modbus, IEC 103, DNP 3.0 (depending on IED capabilities)
- Graphical Display Editor tool got completely redesigned and provides enhancements, such as:
- Align functions to easily align objects
- Connect signals shows only recommended matching types of input signals
- Complete read of IEC 61850 data from IED (including GOOSE)
- Backup functions (manual or scheduled)
- The backup function allows to manually or by schedule take a backup of one or multiple projects and store to local drive
- Optionally also the IED configurations of the connected IEDs can get read during scheduled backup process
- Archiving format PCMA
- Additional to existing PCMP format, the new file format PCMA is intended for long term storage and independent on SQL server version
- Windows 10 support, 32 or 64 bit
PCM600 2.7 release
Version 2.7 of Protection and Control IED Manager PCM600 has been released. PCM600 provides versatile functionalities for the entire life cycle of all Relion® Protection and Control IED applications.
New features and benefits / feature enhancements
Following documentation is available and can be found on the PCM600 product page and the Hitachi Hitachi Energy Substation Automation Software Library:
- PCM600 Installation guide
- PCM600 Readme file
- PCM600 Product guide
- PCM600 Getting started guide
The PCM600 user documentation is available as on-line help in PCM600.
Technical requirements on environment
Hardware and software requirements:
- The supported operating systems and hardware requirements are described in the PCM600 installation guide.
- Using PCM600 requires that the applicable IED Connectivity Package has been installed. The connectivity packages can be downloaded from the update manager of PCM600. Furthermore the IED Connectivity Packages for 670 and 650 series are also available on a separate IED Connectivity Package DVD that is delivered together with the IEDs, whereas the IED Connectivity Packages for 630, 620, 615, 611, 610, RIO600, RBX615, PML630, REX521, RE_54_, SPACOM and REF542plus can also be downloaded from the Substation Automation portal
Products supported in this release
PCM600 2.7 supports the following protection and control products:
- Relion® family: 670, 650, 630, 620, 615, 611, 610, 601, REB500, RIO600, RBX615, PML630, PWC600, GMS600
- REX521 and RE_54_ series
- Selected SPACOM relays
Features and benefits in previous versions of PCM600
PCM600 2.6 (released in January 2014)
PCM600 2.5 (released in February 2013
IED Connectivity Package support for PCM600 2.7
For the best performance we recommend the latest versions/revisions of the IED Connectivity Packages available in the PCM600 update manager to be used together with the PCM600 2.7.
Life cycle statement
The PCM600 2.7 will replace all previous versions of PCM600. The replaced versions will be moved to obsolete phase in the software life cycle policy, which means that they will no longer be maintained.
Ordering and delivery information
PCM600 2.7 is license-free and can be downloaded free of charge from the Hitachi Energy Substation Automation Software Library.
PCM600 can also be ordered on a CD using the following ordering number:
The installation of PCM600 2.7 is started by running the installation program (Setup.exe). Notes:
- PCM600 2.7 can be installed in parallel to already installed PCM600 versions like 2.6, 2.5 or earlier.
Known limitations and supporting information
For technical limitations and supporting information, please refer to the PCM600 readme file.
Some PCM600 functionality might not yet be available in all the available Hitachi Energy IEDs. For further information please refer to the release notes of the IEDs respectively IED Connectivity Packages.
The Protection and Control IED Manager PCM600 tool provides versatile functionalities for the entire life cycle of all Relion® Protection and Control IED applications. This easy-to-handle tool helps you to manage your protection and control equipment all the way from application and communication configuration to disturbance handling, including automatic disturbance reporting.
Designed to communicate, PCM600 interacts with IEDs over the fast and reliable TCP/IP via corporate LAN or WAN, or alternatively directly through the communication port at the front of the IED. PCM600 tool is able to read and write all configuration and setting data of an IED with a single command.
The user interface, workflow and the IEC 61850-based data model in PCM600 are designed according to the same philosophy as the Relion® Protection and Control IEDs, ensuring smooth and seamless integration between the tool and the IEDs.
PCM600 also secures the projects and data created with earlier versions of the PCM600 tool, which enables full backwards compatibility.
Global Product Manager
Substation Automation Products