Live Tank Circuit Breaker HPL B 72.5 – 1100 kV
Maximum capability and highest performance
This robust breaker delivers reliably in the most extreme conditions. With the highest ratings in the industry, the breaker is most suitable for applications requiring high short-circuit currents and for HVDC. HPL B can handle 63 kA without the need for grading capacitors and 80 kA with only two breaking elements.
The mechanically robust design gives the HPL B the ability to withstand high seismic forces, which makes it ideal for earth-quake prone areas. It is also a suitable solution for harsh conditions such as extreme temperatures and high altitudes.
The product has a proven lifetime exceeding 30 years and meets M2 mechanical class for 10,000 operations. HPL B is designed and type tested in accordance with international standards IEC, ANSI and is also tested to national standards such as GOST, DL, DIN.
HPL B is available up to 550 kV as a Disconnecting Circuit Breaker, where the disconnecting function is integrated in the breaker.
- Switching in HVDC-applications
- Switching in SVC-applications (when high short-circuit and high rated currents are required)
- Large power plant switchyard applications , delayed current zero (high X/R)
- Switching of series compensated lines, high TRV requirements (Transient Recovery Voltage)
- High altitudes - suitable for high altitudes due to the decreased need for maintenance
- Seismic applications - reinforced porcelain, robust support structures and dampers that stand the test of earth quakes
- Line, transformer, reactor and capacitor switching
Why Hitachi Energy?
- Highest interruption capability in the industry of 80 kA with only two breaking elements
- Meets a large variety of challenging requirements such as delayed current zero, switching of series compensated lines and high TRV requirements
- Available with polymeric insulators for higher reliability and availability
- Local and global Hitachi Energy industry and application support
- Global service organization, local everywhere
Brief performance data
|Rated voltage||kV||72.5 - 1100|
|Rated power frequency||Hz||50/60|
|Rated current||A||5000 - 6300|
|Short-circuit breaking current||kA||0 - 80|
|Ambient temperatures||°C||-50 to +40|
|Operation type||Single- or three-pole operated|
|Type of insulator||Porcelain or composite|
Submit your enquiry and we will contact you