|地点||Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada|
|职位类型||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy High Voltage Products is a leader in high-voltage technology, offering a wide range of high-voltage products up to 1,200-kilovolt (kV). We help to enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate innovations in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency. The High Voltage Service group is looking for a Business Development Manager to support its growth plan. Reporting to the Service Marketing & Sales Manager, you will play a key role in the business by actively driving Service Sales targets while providing valuable support and guidance to the National Sales organization.
- Develop and maintain High Voltage Service Marketing Plan and conduct market research for Service offering.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities in markets within defined scope for High Voltage Service.
- Assist National Sales organization team with Technical Service support on Target and Key account project pursuits.
- Responsible for achieving assigned order intake, margin, and related objectives for the entire Service portfolio. Drives evaluation of potential new and existing customers and their needs and leads the team in a proactive post-sales approach with a focus on solutions.
- Work closely with High Voltage Product on Service offering for large projects.
- Develop relationship with key customers stakeholders responsible for maintaining assets (Customers Asset Manager and Maintenance Manager).
- Must have both a technical and commercial understanding of the specific Service offering for the Canadian market.
- Develop unique technical solution for retrofit & replacement of high voltage apparatus and high current switchgear.
- Technical liaison between the engineering community (electrical, structural, mechanical) and the customer. Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between/within the company and customer to meets the technical requirements of the project.
- Lead the proposal of large or strategic offers.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 8- 10 years of related experience (preferred, but relevant combination of prior experience and market knowledge will be considered). Five to eight years of experience in sales or product marketing. Must have broad knowledge of technology, marketing, and Service operations as it relates to Business Development of a Service business.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals and other commercial and business documents. Ability to effectively present technical and commercial information to customers, field sales personnel and other employees within the organization.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical inputs, reports and discussions and reach sound business and commercial decisions.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Requires strong communication skills to influence managers and negotiate with customers. Fluent in English (Oral & written), French is an asset. Requires in-depth understanding of corporate and business unit technical and commercial strengths, interrelationships with markets, ability to resolve complex problems, and interpret cause and effect. Requires strategic planning skills and ability to translate corporate and business unit goals and objectives into realistic marketing and sales plans. Understanding customer needs and motives for vendor selection and retention is important for the Companies continued growth and market share gains.
- Strong experience of field work with Canadian Utilities and Large Industrial customers.
- Experience in electrical systems, power systems, electrical equipment specification, HV apparatus and systems is desired.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Results / goal orientation.
- Willing to travel (approx 30-50%)
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com