|地点||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|职位类型||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
As an Equipment Engineer you will be part of HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current), a business unit within Hitachi Energy located in Chennai. The unit develops, manufactures and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. The HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. HVDC is also used to connect power systems. A team with great cooperation and with diverse backgrounds is waiting for you to join.
- Working mainly with electrical design of main circuit equipment in projects with medium to high complexity.
- Specifying main circuit equipment and perform equipment related studies. Complete assignments on projects
- cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements. Coordinate
- high voltage equipment design including review of technical documents, evaluation of designs, technical support across
- different disciplines and projects.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment are communicated and
- agreed with potential suppliers.
- Witness tests of equipment and participate in commissioning on site.
- Provide technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accept as fit for purpose supplied equipment.
- Collaborate with system design, mechanical design, and control for continuous improvement.
- Interact directly with customers and suppliers as well as work in project teams where technical coordination within scope
- and technical problem solving is part of the role.
- Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Maintain network of engineering professionals and share engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Live Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Master of Engineering in Power System .
- Should have min 4yrs of exp in Power Systems equipment and their purpose, such as Power Transformers, Capacitors,
- Reactors, Instrument Transformer and measuring equipment, Circuit Breakers, Disconnector, Surge Arrester etc.
- Knowledge in selection, sizing and integration of above equipment based on customer functional specification.
- Must have Understanding and design of Power Systems studies and modelling of electrical network.
- Power Electronics in HV/EHV system like HVDC and FACTS is preferable.
- Preferably experience of Power system simulation tools such as PSSE, EMTDC /PSCAD and calculations in MATLAB /Mathcad.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com