|地点||San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi, Mexico|
|职位类型||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
- Hitachi Energy is seeking a Senior Site Manager for supporting Power Group Grid Integration (PGGI) in the North America Region. This is a remote role with required travel up to 85% to customer sites. This position is responsible for managing construction activities of Substation and FACTS (Flexible AC Transmission Systems) stations. Specifically, this role will lead all on-site activities of a project to ensure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements during the start-up, construction and/or erection, commissioning, maintenance phases. This role will primarily be at site locations in the Mexico with extensive travel required.
- Serve as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations such as authorities, banks, and suppliers to ensure their active support of field activities.
- Manage sub-contractors on site hired by Hitachi Energy to ensure necessary safety, quality, and progress achieved to meet delivery dates.
- Plan on-site project activities related to the assigned discipline with Site Construction Manager and Project Manager including coordinating necessary local resources, equipment, and milestones. Coordinate between customer and external resources on installation/construction targets, health and safety requirements, site organization, and policy.
- Coordinating all on-site activities related to the assigned discipline to ensure the successful execution of civil construction, electrical equipment installation, erection, start-up, testing and commissioning activities in alignment with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Serve as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations.
- Ensure detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, compliant with the HPG H&S plan. Ensures all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project. Empowered to suspend any activities on site (by HPG personnel or by subcontractors) in case of HSE violation and, if a situation arises, takes the necessary steps to ensure that HPG employees and other persons who may be present are not put at risk.
- Ensures correct handling, storage, and installation of HPG-delivered equipment, coordinate with Construction Manager and Project Manager for on-site storage as well as shipment logistics to secure timely site delivery of equipment and material.
- Manage sub-contractors on site to ensure necessary quality and progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of processes and/or procedures.
- Participate as a member of project teams to assist in the development of the project schedule for construction and outages and provide technical guidance for installation activities.
- Coordinate with the site manager and project manager on schedule, performance of the contractor, and Safety.
- Assist the FACTS and Substation Field Operations Team in meeting department goals.
- Education: University degree or bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related preferred.
- Experience: minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience in or combination of civil, construction, substation installation, and/or electrical experience with power systems.
- Language: basic English
- Ability to read and understand civil and electrical drawings and technical documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively and act decisively
- Ability to document work performed and track progress of project, including administration of warranty items.
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems.
- Foresight to anticipate problems and recognize opportunities for cost-effectively improving operations.
- Independently plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations with deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Interpersonal Skills: Action oriented, Attention to detail, communicate effectively, Decision making, manage projects, Problem solving, technical orientation, Teamwork
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the Mexico
- Applicants must have a legal driver’s license.
- Knowledgeable of major electrical power and industrial system applications.
- Desired Background: civile and electrical construction, engineering, installation, and commissioning.
- Familiar with substation design, grounding, means and methods of operation for transmission and distribution systems
- Comprehends welding techniques for aluminum, lifting techniques for major equipment, cable pulling methods, and termination of cables.
- Understands utility and substations safety compliance.
- 10+ years of relevant combination of substation installation, construction, or electrical experience with power systems.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com