Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy (HE) is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We bring power to your home, keep the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation
You accountability will consist in managing the category for the assigned spend, a short and medium-term compliant, resilient and sustainable sourcing strategy to meet targets on total cost of ownership and supply performance driving excellence in quality, delivery and compliance for the supply base across Hub Europe, Business Unit Transformers, Insulation and Components for direct materials. You will negotiate contracts and service level agreements in line with factory expectations in order to deliver price, lead time and Terms and Conditions information and control its usage in the local ERP systems. Ensure with a collaborative a cross-functional approach, in line with factories and BU/GPG/Hub stakeholders to support bidding, design to value (DtV) and R&D activities. Finally you are expected to initiate projects to cut total cost of ownership and/or to mitigate risks.
- Analyze commodity spend, analyze market dynamics, price developments, demand vs supply dynamics. Running benchmarks are possible with other hubs and SWOT for emerging market sources will provide a good picture of the positioning of the category.
- Define, optimize and improve the sourcing strategy in ad-equation with business needs and the HE procedures and regulations. Align on the strategy with key stakeholders and communicate on a regular base.
- Run tender/order specific RFx and negotiations where applicable, qualify and negotiation suppliers. This covers as well to allocate volume, sign and monitor Frame Agreements and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Represent the “voice of customer” during the supplier audits.
- Control your costs by having a strong understanding of spend and promote cost breakdown analysis, should costing and run regular benchmarks.
- Oversee the supplier relationship, including supplier qualification, classification, performance management and performance improvements.
- Demonstrate the supply base resiliency with you team monitoring material availability and ensuring risk mitigation plans/projects are up to date.
- Collaborate closely with other function to initiate, promote and support projects execution in order to bring value on total cost of ownership, risk mitigation, quality, cash, lead time, material availability. You will contribute to new product introduction, transfer of technology and other R&D projects
- Support in escalation topics with focus to resolve or minimize potential exposure to business.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled, and directed.
- More than 5 years overall experience in production environment, quality and a factory process knowledge in general.
- A previous experience in manufacturing, railway or electro-mechanical related industry in a function as category Manager is a plus.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills are required including knowledge of legal aspects of contracts.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing supplier related processes such as qualification, supplier development, supplier performance measurement.
- Exposure to machined and turned parts related processes is an asset.
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English is mandatory
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Ludvika, Dalarna County, Sweden
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company