Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
This position will lead and manage Environmental programs, processes, and remediation throughout the North American HUB (Canada & United States). Each of the site’s Environmental Practitioners will have a dotted line into the HUB Environmental Specialist who will report to the HUB HSSE Manager.
In your role as a HUB (Regional) Environmental Specialist at Hitachi Energy you will be part of our success by:
- Acting as a coach and advisor toward the leadership team concerning environmental management
- Program / process development to enhance organization’s compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Providing support for the Company and Business Unit environmental management systems and assisting the sites with inspections and audits, analyzing the results, and managing the corrective actions
- Ensuring compliance to environmental incident reporting, investigation, and analysis program.
- Assisting the sites with customer environmental requests as well as consolidating / presenting HUB environmental information upon customer request
- Assist and oversee any ongoing environmental remediation that is occurring within the HUB.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of various Company and Business Unit environmental programs and procedures (Energy Management, Greenhouse Gases, Material Compliance, Waste Management, etc.)
- Propose and oversee environmental KPI’s to drive overall environmental improvement within the business.
- Help to identify sustainability projects that will reduce overall environmental impact.
- Act as a coach for ISO 14001 certified factories. Act as a coach for ISO 50001
- Responsible for participation in HSSE strategic planning to help move the organization towards achieving all KPI’s as well as target and objectives.
- Responsible for participation in annual HUB HSSE department budgeting and capital expenditure planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental or Occupational Health Sciences
- Eight or more years of relevant HSSE experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations including air, wastewater, stormwater, remediation, and hazardous waste
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and plant specific software systems
- Professional certifications (e.g., CHMM, REM, CSP, CIH)
- Experience and/or familiarity with environmental ISO standards
- High comfort level with digitized management tools
- Experience with represented workforce
Ability to operate within and support matrixed leadership and functional teams
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America
Jefferson City, Missouri, United States of America
South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
|工作职能||Legal, Compliance & Audit|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company