|Ort||Lilydale, Victoria, Australia|
|Art der Rolle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
We are currently looking for a Quality & Operational Excellence Manager to join our High Voltage Products team in Lilydale, Australia. The focus for this role is to assure the effective implementation, maturity assessment and improvement of all processes along the entire value chain to improve customer satisfaction and increase profitability in a safe working environment across the local business. Hitachi Energy High Voltage Products team provides products which help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn and grow. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation Hitachi Energy is a pioneering technology leader. We are helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep industry and factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. We offer power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission, and distribution value chain. That is what we do – Why we do it – sustainability. We are advancing the world’s energy system to be more sustainable, flexible and secure. We are playing a significant role in enabling a sustainable energy future – for today’s generations and those to come.
- Manufacturing Quality Assurance: Define and specify activities, processes, and standards to fulfill the quality requirements for High Voltage manufactured materials, components, and products. Building and maintaining the infrastructure and systems necessary to consistently ensure the timely delivery of quality products. Audit, monitor, and determine the quality of manufacturing processes and/or outputs against defined internal and regulatory standards. Reporting and troubleshooting manufacturing process deviations and defects in finished goods.
- Quality & OpEx strategies: Defines and develops Quality and Operational Excellence (Q&OpEx) strategies in line with ABB Q&OpEx strategy and supports their local adoption and deployment to accelerate the rate of operational improvement across the entire value chain. Safety Points to be included, pending level:
- Improvement capability: Deploys the standard quality improvement approach (i.e. 4Q) within all areas of the local organization to continuously improve business practices and performance.
- Excellence: Drives application and development of group-wide best practice frameworks across the entire value chain to embed a culture of excellence in operational performance.
- Management systems: Ensures the local organization has an effective management system that addresses Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental practices within the operation.
- Organizational goals: Works with local management team to set coherent and aligned Q&OpEx priorities and targets across the entire value chain, monitor progress, analyze Q&OpEx Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and act on deviations from targets.
- Manager: Lead, drive and hold itself accountable for the highest standards of health, safety and environment to ensure Zero Harm is achieved. Responsible for compliance with relevant HSE policy and procedures, ensuring proactive risk assessments take place and corrective actions monitored/followed up. Build an injury, incident, near miss and hazard reporting culture within your team, guaranteeing reported incidents will be investigated and action taken. Create a workplace where everyone views health, safety and environment as the most important non-negotiable value of your business.
- Minimum BA/BS Engineering; Minimum Associates Degree
- Skills – Proficient with MS Word, Excel;
- Experience – 4 years in accounting/finance; 5 years Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Possess high level of commercial acumen (Essential)
- Natural flair for communication combined with skills in building long lasting relationships
- Pro-active self-starter, excellent negotiator, results oriented and keen for a career in Hitachi Energy
- What we Offer (crowd sourced from our team members)
- A strong focus on learning – we offer multiple options to upskill in both your professional field and areas of interest.
- In addition to the standard EAP offering we fund access to specialist help lines for our people in the following fields of expertise – First Nations People, LGBTIQ+, Domestic and Family Violence, Eldercare and Disability and Carers.
- Wellbeing support – a range of initiatives to support wellbeing including webinars, RUOK?365, mindfulness programs, resilience programs.
- Career opportunities – we encourage people to build their career here and roles in Australia are advertised internally and communicated weekly.
- Flexible working for roles that can accommodate that.
- Genuinely multicultural workplace.
- The opportunity to purchase additional leave to support you integrate home and work.
- Paid parental leave.
- Additional leave including charity, compassionate, serious illness.
- The ability to swap public holidays for religious days that have meaning for you.
- A global organisation focused on sustainability and harnessing the power of renewable energy.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. Hitachi Energy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognizes the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our team and encourage applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, women, the LGBTQI+ community, people living with disability/ies and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.