|Ort||Łódź, Łódzkie, Poland|
|Art der Rolle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Global Supplier Quality and Development Engineer (SQE) for their transformer business unit. You will be the global responsible for the preventive supplier quality assurance and delivery performance improvement activities in the category of oils, chemicals, plastics, and insulation raw materials and will be part of the Global Supply Quality team. You will work closely with the category managers globally to contribute to the sourcing strategy from quality perspective. You will be also responsible from resolving the critical quality issues of the global suppliers and leading the critical parts/materials approval process standardization at the global level. You will be reporting to the Global Supply Quality and Development manager under Supply Chain Management function.
- You lead the overall supplier qualification process including the on-site supplier audits.
- You execute the production part approval process for the new suppliers, parts, and materials.
- You follow-up the non-conformity resolution process with the suppliers in case of the escalated cases from the factories and ensure the effective root-cause analysis and the countermeasure implemented by the suppliers.
- You monitor the suppliers performance in terms of quality and delivery. Identify and maintain the top concern suppliers within specific category.
- You initiate the necessary supplier performance improvement activities (following DMAIC and/or 8D methodology).
- You are the interface with other functions and the suppliers to support the implementation of Category strategy.
- You guide & support key quality and continuous improvement projects in line with the Business Unit and Category management targets.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in one of the disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Polymer Science, or Chemistry (or similar)
- 7+ years of production, quality assurance or supplier development experience in chemicals industry (e.g., in chemicals, plastics, paint, oil or insulation materials production)
- Strong Technical problem-solving skills and in-depth understanding of quality control/assurance methods in the chemical production environment.
- Experience working with Quality and Continuous Improvement practices (e.g. Kaizen, DMAIC, A3, 8D, 5Why Analysis, etc.) in chemical industry
- Proven experience with the process audits, APQP/PPAP, P-FMEA, Process Control Plan, and Statistical Process Control
- Familiarity with ISO-9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards and external auditor certification is a plus
- Responsible team player with structured, proactive, self-driven, and result-oriented work approach
- Willingness to travel up to 50% and fluency in English both written and spoken
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com