|Ort||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Art der Rolle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries. As a Engineering Manager, Chennai you will be responsible for a given Group’s strategy, operation, resource planning, competence development and people development. Group will consists of number of line functions / teams. You need to collaborate with various cross-functional group/teams, suppliers and customers. You will be part of local management and act as a “sounding board” within the organization. Analysis and risk management will also be among your tasks. You will in many ways be the person at the center of things. Your leadership skills will be required to make your group success in every direction.
- Planning medium to long term and allocation based on the forecast of tenders & projects in collaboration with global organization.
- Ensure KPI of the department (e.g. on time delivery, COPQ, productivity) and achieve financial budget.
- Review and approve techno-economic offering by your line in a tender/project, assess risk and opportunity.
- Run routine review & follow-up with the project team and other cross-functional teams, supplier and customers.
- Responsible for personnel assessments, target setting for the direct reports and identify people’s development area and implement.
- Identify key competence area and have succession planning.
- Bachelor degree in engineering in Electrical / Electronic preferred.
- Must have 15+years of experience.
- Must have team handling experience with team size 25+.
- Basic knowledge in HVDC/FACTS/Substation is preferred.
- Sound English language knowledge.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com