|Ort||Kathmandu, , Nepal|
|Art der Rolle||Entry Level (< 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Principal Database Engineer for its Kathmandu, Nepal location. The main purpose of the job is to provide support database related issue, monitor, review and train team members to work on advanced database related tasks. Take ownership of the project / assigned task and manage his/her team to deliver quality work on time. He/ She should also be involved in Human Resource Management of their assigned teams.
- Involve in the designing, coding and debugging of the software
- Improve the performance of existing software
- Maintain and upgrade the existing software
- Provide training to grow skilled resources.
- Prepare and train team members a knowledgebase of pattern and practices of programming used in FARRMS applications.
- Help supervisor to identify training/recruitments needs.
- Regularly attend team meetings to discuss, brainstorm ideas and put forwards ideas to solve any problems
- Take ownership of projects for its timely delivery including (but not limited to) planning, estimation, development approach, assignment, reporting etc.
- Mentor & monitor juniors to improve team efficiency.
- Conduct regular code review of team members.
- 7 years of related experience with minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering (master’s preferred) or equivalent.
- Should have experience in Database Programming using SQL Server and knowledge of FARRMS database framework.
- Should have worked on large database and are familiar with database optimization will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal /written communication skills
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures.
- He/ she should be a team player and a leader.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com