|Ort||Kathmandu, , Nepal|
|Art der Rolle||Entry Level (< 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Software Engineer - Simulation for its Kathmandu, Nepal location. This role is a contributor to the Agile scrum team primarily responsible for coding and testing new or modified features for Hitachi Energy’s core software products.
- Ensure software is written to meet the business, user interface and technical standards established by Hitachi Energy Software Development and Architecture review teams.
- Work closely with external stakeholders like Product Management.
- Proactively understanding technical designs and approaches for new functionality, write code to implement features and defect fixes across multiple technologies and products
- Understand test scripts and write unit test code for all features
- Perform code reviews for other developers
- Document written code and create user documentation as needed
- Assist with technical research, functional research, customer support research, and testing of code releases as required by the Agile scrum team.
- Develop deep technical skills and experience as well as the ability to learn and become productive in new programming languages and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mathematics or Statistics or any quantitative field with programming experiences.
- Software development experience.
- 1-2 years of coding experience in C# (preferred) or other languages such as Julia, C, C++, Python, etc.
- Experience in database operation (MS Access, MS SQL Server, PostgresSQL, etc.)
- Experience in mathematical modeling and optimization and commercial solvers (e.g. Xpress, Gurobi, and CPLEX) is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is plus
- Experience in power generation, transmission and distribution, power system operation, modeling and planning is a great plus
- Experience with ISO Markets or ETRM functions at a power market is a plus
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
- Medical insurance
- Meal allowance
- Wellbeing program
- Flexible work practices