|Ort||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
|Art der Rolle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Energy Market Advisory Consultant/Senior Renewable Energy Market Advisory Consultant for its Atlanta, Georgia location or remote locations across the United States . This role is responsible for supporting the capacity expansion modeling team, development of regional energy market reports and act as an external customer-facing consultant working with one or a number of Hitachi Energy’s Solution sets. Specifically seeking a consultant with experience in renewable energy development and electrification with the ability to stay abreast with the ever-changing and complex energy market and resource adequacy rules, transmission infrastructure developments, renewable energy mandates and net zero goals, modeling of electrification (i.e. transportation and buildings), demand response, distributed energy resources, decarbonization future etc. Ideal candidate would also have prior experience in simulation model software products for markets or portfolio optimization in the North American electricity markets, as well as market experience in the Midwest region (i.e. PJM, MISO, SPP). Capacity expansion modelling experience is a strong qualification; production cost modelling experience is a plus. Support Hitachi Energy’ Energy Market Advisors’ (EMA) marketing activities through participation in Energy Market Intelligence workshops and/or webinar series, industry conference presentations and/or panel moderations, and whitepaper publications. Some National and international travel may be required.
- Support EMA’s capacity expansion modeling team in the development of scenarios under EMA’s North American Power Reference Case product and consulting projects.
- Support development of long-term energy, capacity and renewable energy credit or REC price forecasts for the Midwest region and develop regional reports to support development of EMA’s North America Power Reference Case product.
- Support and deliver challenging and major assignments. Contribute to development of best practices for the business.
- Work under supervision. May mentor less experienced peers and display leadership as needed.
- The Advisory Consultant would be responsible for supporting consulting projects of high complexity, including:
- - Modeling renewable, energy storage, hybrid and/or co-located resources, electric vehicles, demand response, distributed energy resources etc.
- - Developing energy, capacity, and REC price forecasts
- - Analyzing and presenting a coherent narrative around regional power market trends
- Also will support enhancing Hitachi Energy’ strategic consulting capabilities with the renewable developer community with best practice consulting advice.
- Also will provide insight to Hitachi Energy product managers for software tool improvements and roadmaps for client use in best practices and valuable reports
- Ideal candidate would also be proficient in one or more Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) simulation model software products for markets or portfolio optimization, such as:
- - Capacity Expansion
- - Production Cost Modelling (Zonal and/or Nodal)
- - Integrated resource planning
- - Long-term electricity price forecasting
- - Asset Valuation
- - Stochastic analysis
- - Simulation Model Data Development
- Ensure Hitachi Energy commitments to customer are met, in accordance with the assigned consulting activities.
- Seek ways to improve customer satisfaction, through optimized execution, appropriate customer interaction, delivering quality documents, keeping and presenting Hitachi Energy values and integrity, etc. as directed by the project manager and or Team Lead.
- Assure and seek to improve customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent customer interaction, e.g. Communication, (phone, e-mail, etc.) and Customer meetings, etc.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction across all solution deployments.
- Consistently demonstrate a commitment to ongoing improvement of service or delivery methods.
- Contribution as requested to proposals, RFI’s and tender responses.
- Provide input to project plans and pricing on services projects.
- Continuous contributions to innovation.
- Create and deliver training materials relating to technology and best practices to support the adoption of best practices across the global consulting group.
- Adherence to Project and Hitachi Energy quality standards.
- Demonstrate high-quality, professional and ethical conduct.
- Produce high quality project reporting documentation.
- Ensure on-time delivery of project deliverables, project reports, and Request for Proposals with exceptional operational and functional quality.
- Ensure compliance with all Hitachi Energy policy, process or guidelines.
- Develop relationships with external organizations e.g. professional bodies to establish best practice, and enhance personal reputation and credibility for the benefit of Hitachi Energy’s Enterprise Software.
- Constantly seeks ways to learn, acquire new skills and knowledge and improve quality of consulting services.
- Keep up to date with product developments, and return customer and market feedback to Product Management.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and products coming to market that may assist in providing solutions to customers.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree related to particular business area and a minimum of 3-12+ years of professional experience in energy markets.
- Knowledge of energy markets, the macro economic factors influencing those markets over a 30-40 year time horizon, how to use Hitachi Energy’s EPM Simulation Model software products to simulate future scenarios in those markets and perform sensitivities for key contributing factors.
- Proven experience in professional consulting role (desirable) and in implementation of Hitachi Energy solutions or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability and confidence to develop and present to senior audiences within a customer environment or at industry conferences
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Post Graduate qualifications desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related disciplines in the organization.
- Relevant industry technical certifications desirable.
- Recognized as a proficient practitioner in relevant field.
- Proven extensive experience identifying and managing project issues and risks, including mitigation strategies and plans.
- Ability to work with projects of different size, complexity and contractual types
- Lateral thinking and problem solving
- Must be self-motivated, outcome-oriented, pragmatic, commercially minded, and demonstrate a strong desire to excel, work under supervision.
- Ability to produce workable solutions to a range of problems, demonstrating an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- The ability to identify business drivers and work with a project team to propose practical solutions.
- A passion for customer satisfaction, problem solving and team work.
- A demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders who they are not directly responsible (customer and Hitachi Energy) to achieve the objectives of the project.
- An ability to produce documentation and collateral and to develop Hitachi Energy excellence in project delivery capability and methodologies.
- Ability to analyze numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information.
More about us
#LI-USA Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program