|Ort||Broomfield, Colorado, USA|
|Art der Rolle||Line Management / Project lead|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Senior Project Manager for its Santa Clara, California location or remote locations throughout the United States only. This role is responsible for management of the customer(s) expectations and create a foundation for an overall positive customer experience and influence the project teams, both on Hitachi Energy’s side and on the customer side to create a positive outcome.
- Provides leadership to project staff and create a culture that is customer focused, demonstrates a sense of urgency, and takes pride in customer success.
- Actively develops personal relationship with all level of the organization internally as well externally with the customers such as, executives, mid-management, project management, engineering management, finance, accounting, contracts and legal. Recognize what is important for different functions and persons to accomplish project goals and objectives
- Works proactively to set customer expectations to assure the acceptance of the project deliverables and to enhance long-term customer satisfaction
- Oversees and controls project finances with an objective to maximize financial efficiency. Actively strives to optimize overall resource planning and resource utilization
- Acts proactively to avoid/minimize risk and turn situations into opportunities
- Understands project contracts thoroughly, uses this knowledge to negotiate and utilizes terms and conditions to Hitachi Energy’s advantage
- Creates effective reports (status/progress) to all stakeholders with appropriate level of detail for desired understanding of the true project status and what needs to be done to accomplish the projects goals and objectives
- Participates in and presents project status in project reviews with senior management on a periodic basis
- Establishes rapport with other departments and uses these relationships to manage projects via influence were needed.
- Identifies and manages overall project delivery risks through effective identification, mitigation and tracking of the identified risks
- Participate in managing day-to-day activities in one or more projects. Projects may include hardware, software engineering, and, or manufacturing projects
- National and international travel is required as needed for the successful execution of the projects
- Degree in engineering, business or computer science field and a minimum of 10 years project management experience.
- Understanding of power systems in general and specifically market management systems
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- A demonstrated ability to deliver commercial projects of different sizes, up to at least 10 MUSD, complexity and contractual types including fixed price, T&M, Maintenance and Support as well as, recurring revenue project to end-customers
- Ability to lead and motivate internal and external teams, at times across wide geographical areas, through the project lifecycle,
- Experience scheduling, planning, monitoring and reporting on the progress of planned activities
- Experience managing risk and issues in large scale commercial projects
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a multiyear time span
- Positive, proactive, and energizing personality, while still remaining calm under pressure
- Executive presence and able to easily navigate the control room as well as the board room
- Process improvement methodology knowledge
- Financial and Resourcing Forecasts
- Negotiation skills
- Project Management Certification (PMI or equivalent) is desired
- Experience in mission critical software solutions delivery is desired
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office and ERP systems
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1