|Ort||South Boston, Virginia, USA|
|Art der Rolle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Production Supervisor for its South Boston, Virginia location. This role is responsible for leading a team within a production unit or line in the execution of production processes to transform parts and raw materials into Hitachi Energy products in a timely, cost effective manner. Ensure continuous and efficient operation in accordance with volumes, schedules, procedures, drawings, and quality and safety standards and policies.
- Resource Allocation: Organizes and allocates resources to effectively and efficiently meet line production targets. Responds to resource issues as necessary. Leads capacity planning and resource optimization for the assigned unit or line.
- Production Scheduling and Plan: Ensures that production scheduling and production plan meets the volume requirements agreed in the demand plan and defined inventory service levels.
- Equipment and Facilities: Identifies and recommends technical equipment and facility improvements as necessary.
- Production Execution: Ensures execution of volume, conforming product, and on-time delivery targets for the assigned production lines.
- Operations Improvement: Identifies deficiencies in production area, proposes improvement activities and oversees implementation of actions to improve production performance.
- Critical Line Issues: Manages the resolution of critical product or equipment issues together with relevant internal teams.
- People Leadership and Development: Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the areas of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related field and a minimum of 2-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment OR Associate' degree in engineering, business or related a minimum of 4-7 OR High School Diploma and a minimum of 6-9 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- 1st shift and some weekends
- Leadership experience in a transformer manufacturing environment
- Experience in transformer coil winding
- Knowledge in MS Office, including Power Point
- Exposure to ERP and Workforce Management software applications i.e. SAP, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Experience with timekeeping systems, i.e. Kronos
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1