|Ort||Houston, Texas, USA|
|Art der Rolle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test for its Houston, Texas location. This role is to be part of a global organization with offices in San Jose (CA.), Vasteras (Sweden) and Krakow (Poland). Under limited direction, perform complex quality assurance assignments requiring diversified knowledge of power system applications, engineering and quality assurance to cost effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives. Proactively seek and implement initiatives to improve quality and increase customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for desktop and web applications. The preferred candidate will have both.
- Use business requirements, solution designs and functional specifications to plan the testing approach and data creation activities required to ensure high quality deliveries to customer projects
- Design and develop the functional and non-functional use cases and test cases required to verify that business objectives and functional requirements are satisfied according to the test plan
- Effectively use test management tools to maintain and execute test scripts while also reporting testing progress and status.
- Effectively identify, track and investigate issues found during testing. Collaborate with developers to replicate, fix and verify corrections while also providing testing verification progress. Provide feedback related to key challenges/product limitations uncovered during testing.
- Gain domain and solution knowledge to take responsibility for the full product life cycle development.
- Use agile development methodologies that require active participation in all team’s duties.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business. Train and mentor others on how to test software and how to apply proven testing methodologies, improve software quality and reduce quality risks
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and a minimum of 2+ years of experience. OR
- This position may be filled at a more senior level for the successful candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field and a minimum of 5+ years of experience.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems and make decisions regarding quality matters that may significantly impact contracts
- Possess a diversified knowledge of engineering, electric utilies and related functions
- In-depth knowledge of quality assurance programs, procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines
- Experience in Advanced Distribution, and/or Transmission systems, Energy & Generation Management Systems (ADMS/EMS/GMS) & SCADA systems with proper understanding of power applications like Load flow, Restoration Switching Analysis, Distribution state estimation, Voltage Optimization Control, VVC, generation control and generation planning.
- Experience in building automated tests (using tools such as Visual Studio, NUnit, TestNG) and using programming languages like C#, Java and/or Python.
- Experience in Test Management tools like Zephyr Scale, Azure DevOps to maintain and execute test procedures
- Knowledge and/or Certifications in QA testing principles and methodologies
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1