|Ort||Houston, Texas, USA|
|Art der Rolle||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Application Software Developer for its Houston, Texas location. This role is responsible for the development effort; including analyzing, evaluating, and designing advanced applications to monitor, optimize, control, and simulate the electrical power network, smart grid, and distributed energy resources. Typical tasks assigned to Software Developers include analyzing requirements and creating technical design documents, designing and developing complex areas of the application, presenting best practices and designs to other team members, using analytical techniques and user experience strategies to effectively meet requirements.
- Design, develop, review, re-factor, and maintain software with quality and performance in mind.
- Collaborate on planning, development, and testing to meet “definition of done” criteria.
- Take initiative to identify issues and work collaboratively across teams to resolve problems.
- Identify and manage risks for schedule and quality with the team and ask for help when needed.
- Be inquisitive. Try new things. Fail fast when needed. Help others learn from mistakes.
- Be effective in reflection, retrospection, and continuous incremental improvement
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in computer science or other related Engineering fields and a minimum 0 -3 years of experience in software development, debugging, and performance tuning.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Knowledge of design patterns, understanding of software architecture.
- Experience of 3 to 5 years preferred, but not mandatory.
- Strong knowledge with one or more modern programming languages (C/C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.).
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to interact effectively with team members, product management, and customers.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to and get information from peers, product management, project team, sales, customers, management and other stakeholders.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1