The UC family is a group of diverter switch on-load tap-changers. They come in a wide range of models with a rating suitable for every application. They are mounted inside of the transformer tank, suspended from the transformer cover. The UC types operate with conventional arc quenching in oil diverter switches.
The UCD model is the largest of the UC types and is capable of meeting the most demanding requirements with a BIL rating of 1050 kV and current rating of 1600 A.
- Base technology: Conventional, resistance, in-tank
- Common applications: Network, special, industrial, HVDC
|Tap-changer placed in the neutral point of the winding||Other placements of the tap-changer|
|Highest voltage for equipment (Um)||300 kV||300 kV|
|Max lightning impulse (BIL)||1050 kV||1050 kV|
1-phase (one tap-changer/phase)
|Max step voltage||5000 V||5000 V|
Why Hitachi Energy
- Unique open design for quick and easy maintenance
- Maintenance in any tap position and without dismantling the shaft system, thus eliminating the risk for failure from improper assembly or alignment
- No online oil filter is needed
- Unsurpassed maintenance intervals