|Ubicación||Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand|
|Tipo de empleo||Full-Time|
|Tipo de rol||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
The Power Grids business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain. A new opportunity to join our Grid Integration team, based in Fortitude Valley is now available for an experienced Engineering Manager. Focus of the role will be to support the business and lead the engineering function across Australia and New Zealand. An important part of this role is the interface and coordination with our global engineering teams and factories.
- Leads engineering teams which are responsible for a number of products or sector areas and ensures delivery of a portfolio of projects on time, in full.
- Provides direction to the teams with a focus on safety, on time delivery, quality and margin improvement.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships, seeks feedback and provides innovative solutions to meet customer requirements and deliver improvements.
- Provides engineering support during the bid phase, supports presentation of proposals to customers.
- Works with business development to target new opportunities
- Presents new technology and innovation at conferences, client events.
- Oversees contractual work within one’s area of responsibility.
- Ensures that engineering teams are adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs.
- Creates, implements and plans to ensure that business risks are identified and managed, opportunities maximized.
- Ensures that required systems are understood, developed and correctly implemented.
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that correct suppliers services and equipment are available to support the engineering execution.
- Facilitates best practice sharing within the engineering teams, Initiates and drives continuous improvement activities.
- Develops, implements and improves relevant processes, policies and procedures to improve effectiveness across the engineering function.
- Coaches, provides support and technical advice to colleagues. Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guides, motivates, coaches and develops employees reporting directly and indirectly, within HR policies
- Maintains network of engineering professionals and shares engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines
- What’s In it For You: Competitive Salary Package, Genuine Career Development Opportunities – Room for Growth for the Right Person; Be part of our Journey in Powering Good for Sustainable Energy; Join our Pioneering Spirit and Culture, Generous Corporate Discounts; Work on Exciting Projects; Flexible/Hybrid Work Environment (office-based roles - excl.TR and factory roles)
- A Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum experience of 5-10 years related to working experience in electrical design industry
- Previous experience in MV/HV industry is required.
- At least an intermediate level of computer literacy is required.
- A full clean driver’s license is required as the role will require driving a company vehicle.
- Exceptional communications skills both written and oral
- Previous electrical engineering management and leadership experience.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a small team
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com