|Ubicación||Raleigh, North Carolina, USA|
|Tipo de empleo||Full-Time|
|Tipo de rol||Entry Level (< 2 years of work experience)|
For our research centers in Raleigh, NC, or Montreal, QC we are looking for a research scientist with expertise in the area of DER Management and Microgrid Controls. In this function you will work on projects with your colleagues in North America and globally.
- Contribute to and lead research projects that advance state-of-the art for Distributed Energy Resource (DER) management and microgrid controls.
- Research and implement new methods to improve end-to-end operations for future mi-crogrids with large penetration of renewable generation and grid-interactive consumers.
- Network in the company and actively distribute your knowledge and expertise
- Collaborate with external partners including universities, startups and vendors
- Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports
- PhD degree in the area of Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power Systems, or in a related field.
- Hands-on experience in Secondary & Tertiary controls, communication, and protection of microgrid systems or distribution grid is required.
- In-depth understanding of related standards (IEEE 1547, CA Rule 21, IEC 61850) and communication protocols (DNP3, Modbus) is required.
- Programing experience in C++, Python, etc. along with hands-on experience with Microgrid Controllers, IEDs, SCADA, etc. are beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries. In fiscal year 2020 we generated business volumes of around $10 billion USD as reported by Hitachi. www.hitachienergy.com Hitachi Energy values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. We are committed to employment equity and believe in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Hitachi Energy actively encourages applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. Hitachi Energy encourages applicants to self-identify in the application process and is prepared to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Only selected applicants will be contacted. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program