|Ubicación||Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Tipo de empleo||Full-Time|
|Tipo de rol||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
You as Global Category Manager, will be part of Hitachi Energy's organization and report to the Head of Category Management High Voltage Products. You are responsible for developing and driving the Sourcing Strategy of several categories: Composite & Porcelain Insulators and Bushings, Gas valves & Gas measuring equipment, Power Capacitors, SF6 Gas (or alternatives) and Resistors ensuring the units receive the specified material at the best price, on-time and in the right quality utilizing supply base management, negotiations and contract management.
- Lead and own the Categories to ensure exceptional performance to meet or exceed SCM KPIs such as: Cost Reduction, Cost Avoidance, Payment Terms, On Time Delivery, Spend with Qualified Supplier, Spend under Frame Agreement etc., in addition to areas of (new) supplier development, quality, innovation, benchmarking and cost delivering maximum value to High Voltage Products.
- Define the Global Sourcing Strategy for the category and drive its execution in line with the Continuous Improvement Process for Sourcing (CIPS) through the selection, evaluation, classification and de-sourcing of suppliers globally and/or regionally processes.
- Ensure cost-out programs, design to value and/or processes are designed and implemented to reach financial, business or any other defined targets.
- Provide subject matter expertise to Global Product Group Managers, Hubs, Technology Centers etc.
- Gather information on volumes, specifications, suppliers, prices for the past periods as well as consumption forecasts for the coming period and keep this information updated regularly.
- Serve as point of contact for escalations related to performance targets for global and large regional suppliers.
- Drive Supplier Relationship Management with selected strategic suppliers by developing the agenda and leading business reviews with preferred/strategic suppliers and Hitachi Energy management to drive synergies
- Negotiate and conclude regional/global contracts by leverage the global/regional volumes and/or other negotiations tactics to maximizing benefits to Hitachi Energy. Award decisions based on a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) methodology and minimizing risk of supply disruptions.
- Coordinate technical development activities to reduce costs, reduce/eliminate quality risks and improve the supply chain, by involving experts, both internally and jointly with suppliers, and take a lead to implement various Hitachi Energy SCM initiatives.
- Live core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Supply Chain. CIPS or ISM CPSM certification is a plus
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Supply Chain Management preferably in Category Management or Strategical Sourcing in multinational companies
- Experience in leading technical negotiations through Should Costing models
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to above mentioned categories and understanding of commodities impact to its final cost
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on team building and coaching skills
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the capability to transform data into short and long-term plans
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Flexibility to travel up to 25%
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com #LI-CSE1