|Ubicación||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Tipo de empleo||Full-Time|
|Tipo de rol||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
The position is for R&D support specialist at Mechanical lab of Power Grid Technology Center in Vadodara India. The laboratory is responsible for development testing of high voltage products (AIS as well as GIS) in a safe environment. As a support specialist, he should be able to support problem solving as well as new product development by executing tests on different apparatus using a complete knowledge of standard references, testing methodologies and requested requirements. Evaluate and document test results / analysis reports for use as supporting knowledge in the development of new products. Candidate also needs to support in preparing test objects and maintaining a high level of operational efficiency in this area.
- Contributes in project activities using relevant processes and tools.
- Defines the test sequences, testing methods and procedures, and equipment and instrumentation to be used, with reference to the applicable standards. Performs tests on all types of products.
- Coordinate, defines test plans to verify the compliance of a product according to a specific standard.
- Analyzes and evaluates test results and prepares test reports in partnership with designers, engineers, and quality team members.
- Prepares, reviews, manages, and updates the required technical/support documents.
- Proposes improvements in existing test techniques based on experience and knowledge of new trends and equipment.
- Assists and supports external certification inspectors during testing activities.
- Ensures that prototypes are correctly prepared, assembled, tests are correctly performed and that activities are thoroughly reported.
- Collaboration with local and global R&D team, good communication skills and experience on various technical document preparation.
- Diploma (higher experience) or B.E. (Electrical / Mechanical).
- Development & testing of AIS and GIS products (2 to 3 years).
- Basic knowledge of switchgear products.
- Working knowledge and understanding of various IEC / IEEE / ANSI / IS standards.
- Team spirit, assertiveness, and highly meticulous approach to work.
- Knowledge of Material and standards (ISO, DIN, IS) will be added advantage.
- Innovative & creative thinking ability.
- Person should be pro-active with high enthusiasm, open minded with positive attitude.
- Should be able to work in a global environment.
- Should have good sense of safety & integrity.
- Should have good sense of ownership & responsibility.
- Exemplary technical writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communications as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com