|Ubicación||San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi, Mexico|
|Tipo de empleo||Full-Time|
|Tipo de rol||Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)|
- Support the production of civil and structural construction drawings in Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS), Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS), and Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS) projects in the 34.5kV – 500kV range with an emphasis on project safety, cost, quality and reliability.
- The main purpose of this position is to provide civil & structural design services during the proposal, design and construction stages of AIS, GIS, and FACTS projects with strict adherence to the project contract.
- Support proposal efforts by introducing and promoting innovation, cost saving ideas, and value-added solutions to the overall system design concept.
- On-site assessment and evaluation of existing equipment, steel structures, foundations, etc., in so called “brown field” substation projects.
- Prepare, update, and support the execution of civil & structural engineering and site activities in the schedule with emphasis on; On-time delivery, Quality of deliverables, and Project costs.
- Provide design support in specific civil & structural engineering areas, including (but not limited to):
- Substation / switchyard general arrangement review
- Estimate civil & structural quantities with emphasis on project cost effectiveness.
- Grading and drainage drawings
- Foundation drawings
- Anchor bolt plan and details
- Steel structure drawings
- Building drawings
- Equipment specifications
- Equipment documentation reviews
- Material and Construction submittal reviews
- Resolve civil and structural design issues as identified by individuals in the project execution team.
- Notify the project lead engineer of any difficulties encountered in the design that may adversely impact safety, reliability, quality, cost, or schedule of the Hitachi Energy project deliverables, and provide recommendations for solutions.
- Perform technical, cost savings, and constructability reviews of civil & structural design packages from internal engineering, outsourced sub-contractor engineering and equipment factories.
- Utilize knowledge of applicable standards and codes to ensure that designs comply with the required national and local codes and requirements.
- Assist the department manager in meeting department goals.
- Adhere to Hitachi Energy - PGGI (GPQS) quality processes and document control procedures to ensure design documents are complete and accurate.
- Education: Civil Engineering Technology or Drafting and a minimum two (2) years of experience in foundation, reinforced concrete, and steel design.
- Language: Proficient in both Spanish (fluent) and English (intermediate)
- Experience specializing in civil & structural design of high voltage substations and/or transmission lines is preferred. Experience in civil & structural design of industrial facilities or power plants is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of site grading and drainages.
- Experience with both 3D and 2D CAD softwares such as Revit, Autocad, Microstation
- Experience with Collaboration, Construction, and Document Management software such as BIM360 and Autodesk Construction Cloud.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suites and Microsoft Teams.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com