|Ubicación||Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa|
|Tipo de empleo||Full-Time|
|Tipo de rol||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
You as SCM manager for southern African Countries will, be a part of Power Grids Business Grid Integration. The Supply Chain Management organization at Grid Integration is strengthening its ability to perform professionally and add competitive value services within Supply Chain Management. The overall SCM Manager objective is to lead a team of specialists to execute Supply Chain Management strategies that support the business by optimizing costs, quality, and reliability of suppliers. This will be achieved by focusing on the early involvement of SCM at the tender stage to professionally manage supplier related risks and opportunities, by establishing competitive channels to the supply base via local, regional and global category teams as well as providing market relevant information for strategic decision making.
- Ensuring effective and efficient implementation of SCM strategy activities throughout the organization by increasing the SCM competence.
- Ensuring to be fully embedded – at all levels - in the value chain of the organization by owning and managing SCM core activities such as Strategic Sourcing, TT&L (Transport, Trade & Logistics), Tactical Purchasing and Contracted Services.
- Supporting the business to achieve significant competitive advantage by designing and implementing cost-out programs to reach financial targets (Cost Reduction, Cash Management, Productivity).
- Pro-actively participating in Tender-/ Capture Team during the kick-off and tender progress meetings for selected target projects, identifying opportunities and critical commercial, fiscal and legal conditions of the client´s tender specification and ensure flow over to the bidding documentation to suppliers / contractors.
- Issuing the project related Tender Sourcing Plan (TSP) based on the overall tender strategy and support the tender responsible in issuing the project budget and time schedule by providing timely and accurately input from suppliers´ quotations incl. provision/ commitment of anticipated qualified improvement potentials
- Managing the Supply Quality by ensuring on time deliveries and monitoring /investigating supplier quality issues.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of SCM standards, tools and processes sustainable to the size of your business.
- Ensure that SCM team are trained and safely working to ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environment requirements.
- Demonstrating strong sense of ownership and collaborative problem-solving mindset across disciplines in a complex global organization.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- You must have extensive experience in the industrial environment and Supply Chain Management.
- You should possess good technical knowledge in power transmission and distribution technologies.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field: Engineering, Economics, Supply Chain Management or Law.
- 10 years’ experience. Minimum 5 years of experience in a project environment and supply chain function.
- As you will be working in a global environment, you have extensive international experience and, also fluent in English, written and spoken alike.
- You are an analytical leader and a team player with an independent and solution oriented working style, as well as strong communicative and collaborative skills.
- Previous experience in a multicultural environment and high degree of inter-cultural sensitivity help you lead and motivate by influence.
- Through extensive experience in negotiations, you achieve commitment as well as results.
- Knowledge of processes in industrial large and complex or turnkey contracts.
- Proven communication and negotiation skills. Knowledge in commercial or legal aspects of purchasing.
- Ability to communicate with numerous external and internal parties at different levels in a project environment.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com