Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Solutions Owner is a key role in the newly established Center of Excellence for Engineering (CoEE) of Hitachi Energy Grid Edge Solutions, that design and supply green energy solutions, from microgrids to utility scale, based on Battery Energy Storage Systems.
The Solutions Owner will be responsible of the improvement and maintenance of the internal HW and SW engineering standards for solutions, processes and tools and he/her will support Project Engineering in specific customer projects design, approving the delivered client solutions. The Solutions Owner will support the Sales and Tendering process by ensuring that GES’ application platforms are offered in consistently and that adaptations based on customer requests meet regulatory and internal standards. Finally, the Solutions Owner serves as premier voice of customer towards the product management team and is a key junction point towards Product Management in suggesting needed developments to the application platform.
- The Solutions Owner will deliver guidelines and specification of optimized solutions, processes, and tools to improve basic and detail engineering phases speed and quality. The Solutions Owner will be responsible to deliver specifications of standard system solutions to be used in project delivery by the OU’s. The Solutions Owner will collect and share lessons learned and best practice. The Solution Owner will manage the Systems Field Certification activities in coordination with the other organizations.
- Prospecting & Bidding - Will work closely with the Regional Tender Specialist and Engineering Specialists and will be responsible for approving practical & applicable solution for client ensuring that technical requirements are met and fit with HE portfolio. Ensures proper control solution to meet client’s and regulatory functionality requirements. Responsible for technical risk analysis of tender/project and identifying mitigation plans.
- Negotiation - Will be responsible for ensuring that the offered solution comply with regulations and will support accuracy of cost calculation and planning.
- Maintains compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- Drives application and development of best practice across the entire value chain to promote a culture of excellence in operational performance. Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives within the GES CoEE teams. Works closely with Engineering Specialists, other GES organizations, and sub suppliers to optimize and improve overall solutions.
- Leverages support from Regional Tender Specialists, Engineering Specialists, the Hubs’ delivery/execution teams and INOPC Support to develop specification of systems and solutions to meet customer needs.
- Manage the Design Reviews included in the Tendering and Project delivery Processes.
- Guides, motivates and trains other Solution Owners.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- At least 8-10 years of experience with specific engineering expertise in developing Power Systems, Smart Grid, Microgrid and BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems).
- Experience in Modular/containerized/building solutions delivery on large scale EPC projects.
- Very strong technical background in the power engineering or energy industry.
- Experience in Automation/control solution for Battery Energy Storage System.
- Field experience in installation, commissioning, designing and/or procuring power storage systems is desirable.
- Experience and mindset on customer satisfaction.
- Rigorous and attention to detail while having maturity and a profound understanding of power engineering principles to comprehend complex electrical, mechanical, and electronic systems.
- Problem solving, open minded, resolute, open to discussion.
- Comfortable to work in a very dynamic delivery environment in a challenging market.
- Connecting with other people easily, focus on “getting the job done and done right”, teamwork, leadership, negotiation skills.
- English language (fluent) is a must.
|Ubicación||Lilydale, Victoria, Australia|
|Tipo de empleo||Full time|
|Función laboral||Engineering & Science|
|Fecha de publicación||2023-04-20|
|Número de referencia||AU54650541|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company