Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Your accountability will consist of managing the assigned spend of HUB Europe Category – Metal Fabrication – Traction. You will develop and implement resilient and sustainable sourcing strategies to meet targets on total cost of ownership and supply performance, driving excellence in quality, delivery and compliance for the supply base. You will negotiate contracts and service level agreements in line with factory expectations in order to deliver price, lead time and Terms&Conditions information and control its usage in the local ERP systems. Ensure with a collaborative a cross-functional approach, in line with factories and BU/GPG/Hub stakeholders to support bidding, design to value (DtV) and R&D activities. Finally, you are expected to initiate projects to cut total cost of ownership and/or to mitigate risks.
- Analyze category spend, market dynamics, price developments, demand vs supply dynamics, running benchmarks and perform SWOT analysis.
- Define, optimize and improve the sourcing strategy in accordance with business needs (using CIPS methodology) and the HE procedures and regulations. Align on the strategy with key stakeholders and communicate on a regular base.
- Finding, developing and supporting European and Indian suppliers (other emerging markets on demand) by ensuring that suppliers will meet requested standards and requirements
- Setting the pace of the growth of Indian suppliers by assessing the maturity and the capability of their organization and resources with Hitachi Quality requirement.
- Run tender/order specific RFx and negotiations, qualify and negotiate with suppliers. This covers as well volume allocation, sign and monitor Frame Agreements and Service Level Agreements (SLA). You will represent the “voice of customer” during the supplier audits.
- Control your costs by having a strong understanding of spend and promote cost breakdown analysis, should costing and run regular benchmarks
- Oversee the supplier relationship, including supplier qualification, classification, performance management and performance improvements
- Key element is to monitor material availability and ensuring risk mitigation plans/projects are up to date
- Lead and own the Category to ensure exceptional performance in the areas of cost, quality, on time delivery, innovation and cost delivering maximum value to traction transformer.
- Collaborate closely with other function to initiate, promote and support projects execution in order to bring value on total cost of ownership, risk mitigation, quality, cash, lead time, material availability.
- Contribute to new product introduction, transfer of technology and other R&D projects.
- Support in escalation topics with focus to resolve or minimize potential exposure to business
- Collaborate with global Category teams including GPS/TC, Supplier Quality and Operations team.
- Centralize pricing and suppliers capacity between different factories of Hitachi Energy in India, Europe and US.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Initiate and/or support implementation of material cost cutting and risk mitigation projects and extend usage of Dynamic Evolution methodology.
- Support local DTV, make or buy studies, local New Product Introduction and other agreed improvement measures.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering.
- More than 10 years of experience in Supply Chain Management preferably in Category Management in multi-national companies along with minimum 5 years of experience with railway markets
- Familiar with validation process of steel fabrication components in railway.
- Demonstrated working experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Knowledge of Pro-Supply and SAP S4/Hana.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Familiar with Indian supplier’s culture and geographic knowledge of Indian steel fabrication industries
- Deep knowledge of railway’s technical welding standard EN 15085
- Deep knowledge in welding standard ISO 3834.
- A previous experience in manufacturing, railway or electro-mechanical related industry in a function as category Manager is a plus.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills are required including knowledge of legal aspects of contracts.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing supplier related processes such as qualification, supplier development, supplier performance measurement
- Exposure to metal fabrication and painting related processes is an asset.
- Conversational with other relevant Norms in similar industry
- Handling conflicts, interpersonal & multi-cultural as well as negotiation & influencing skills, clear communication, networker, business savvy, capable of holistic view, result and action oriented, resilient.
- Business Travel required.
- Fluent in English is mandatory
|Ubicación||Satigny, Geneva, Switzerland|
|Tipo de empleo||Full time|
|Función laboral||Supply Chain|
|Fecha de publicación||2023-04-24|
|Número de referencia||CH55198118|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company