Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
PLM Engineer - Job description
- Serve as key resources in collecting, refining, and standardizing a series of global CAD libraries spanning multiple product lines and geographic hubs.
- Work in synergy with global common standard parts team to rationalize various global CAD libraries into more common, shared, and standardized libraries.
- Identify with team, your leadership, and stakeholders in supply chain opportunities for optimizing use of CAD metadata.
- Daily activities will include:
- Data extraction/collection and analysis of various large-scale global CAD libraries to form standardization plans.
- Develop and implement data clean-up processes and procedures to ensure data accuracy and consistency in Windchill PLM system.
- Reviewing CAD models and assemblies to ensure that they are accurate and complete, and that they conform to company standards and procedures.
- Collaborating with PLM Business Process Team, and engineering and design teams to understand requirements and provide support in Windchill CAD management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define migration requirements, scope, and timelines.
- Develop and execute migration plans, including data mapping, transformation, and validation.
- Work with legacy system owners to extract data and ensure data integrity during the migration process.
- Identify and resolve data quality issues, including missing, incomplete, or inconsistent data.
- Creating and maintaining documentation related to CAD clean-up activities, such as reports, progress summaries, and process improvements.
- Understand and optimize practices, together with Engineering, for CAD part reuse in a global environment, where parts may be used in multiple designs.
- Provide training and support to end users on the use of Windchill and data quality best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field with 5-8 years of experience
- Hands-on experience in PTC Creo and Windchill
- Knowledge of PLM/PDM concepts
- Proven experience in Windchill migration and data clean-up activities.
- Experience with data mapping, transformation, and validation techniques.
- Good knowledge on Windchill PLM configuration & customization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Sigmaxim Smart Assembly/CAD automation skills would be an added advantage.
|Ubicación||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Tipo de empleo||Full time|
|Función laboral||Engineering & Science|
|Fecha de publicación||2023-05-18|
|Número de referencia||R0021949|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company
More about us