Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Project Engineer- Mechanical Plant Design for its Raleigh, NC location. This role is responsible for Design authority for an engineering discipline with low to medium complexity. Complete assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements. Overall responsible for Mechanical plant design of HVDC stations both onshore and offshore, CAD activities with 3D-modelling in parts and assembly’s 2D-drafting for drawings, layout & Sections, Building Requirements, Detailed Design/ Bill of Quantities, Installation Drawings and As-Built Drawings.
- Being familiar with the design principles, guidelines and applicable standards used within electromechanical plant design of HVDC stations, both onshore and offshore.
- Technical coordination with internal and external stakeholders including suppliers.
- Site engineering support, installation supervision of Mechanical plant design scope.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- As a Mechanical Plant Design engineer, you will perform tasks as specified above in tenders and projects.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related field.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Experience in substation engineering of HV / Extra HV substation projects highly preferred.
- Experience in 3D-Modeling and performing 2D-drawings/layouts in software tools like NX/TC tool.
- Experience with manufacturing and production processes and standardization and modularization of structures.
- Preferred to have professional engineering license or ability to obtain.
- Team working skills, a collaborative solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Willingness to travel as needed, 20% and more.
|Ubicación||Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America|
|Tipo de empleo||Full time|
|Función laboral||Engineering & Science|
|Fecha de publicación||2023-07-26|
|Número de referencia||R0027600|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company