Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You will be working with a highly motivated and talented Research and Development team, that is responsible for developing and productizing digital applications for our automation product line that utilizes power of data and transforms it into business insights, to support decision making and optimal management of distributed energy resources.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an R&D Software Engineer with focus on backend software development providing his contribution during all the engineering and developing phases. You are willing to grow in an international environment and interested in building software applications deployed on-premise and cloud.
Seize this unique opportunity and see your work transformed into tangible products helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and green energy for all.
The R&D team is based offices located in Genova, Italy.
You will be part of a global R&D team; you shall interact with R&D organizations and Operational units across the globe.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Design and development of on-premises / cloud applications with strong focus on the backend.
- Architect server-side and front-end applications for on-premise and cloud deployments in collaboration with the lead software engineer.
- Working in a cross-discipline team, using agile development methodology that requires active participation in all team’s activities, focusing on a common team goal
- Explore and prototype solutions by apply new and best fit technologies
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years working in a software development team preferably using an agile process like SCRUM
- Good work experience as the backend developer. Some experience in frontend is a plus.
- Strong experience in both .NET technology stack and Node.JS
- Experience in SQL
- Experience with architecture patterns for microservices based software (preferable on Docker)
- Experience with technology stack for real time messaging and events streaming, routing and storage like Rabbit MQ
- At least medium level skills in administration Linux system, including Shell/Batch scripting.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, as well as excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Willingness to travel (20%)
|Ubicación||Genova, Genova, Italy|
|Tipo de empleo||Full time|
|Función laboral||IT, Telecom & Internet|
|Fecha de publicación||2023-08-02|
|Número de referencia||R0026645|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company