Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans' status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Manage physical resources and engineers engaged in technically specialized phases of activities involving one or more engineering disciplines. Lead, engage in or review a wide range of complex technical analyses and investigations. Finalize or assist higher level managers in finalizing and presenting proposals or recommendations. Proactively develop and implement measures to cost effectively achieve goals and increase customer satisfaction.
- Plan, schedule, assign work, establish priorities, control expenditures, resolve resource problems and take appropriate measures to ensure work meets specifications and is completed on schedule. Promote independent actions to improve operating efficiencies and customer relations.
- Provide complex technical advice to other departments and business units within and outside the Company, related to such factors as contract or project performance guarantees, specifications, design standards and applicable codes.
- Negotiate with customers, technical issues of considerable significance that may impact current and future business. Resolve conflicts between engineers and customers, in order to reach mutual satisfaction and agreement.
- Provide administrative support to senior managers and assist with technical development of staff.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art technology and market trends affecting Company products and services and recommend responsive actions.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Complexity of Tasks:
- Challenging tasks including management, technical guidance, decision making, project engineering, cost initiatives and personnel issues may involve unusual and complex problems and significant costs.
- Requires balancing depth of engineering analyses against time and cost constraints and determining proper level of technical detail to release to customers.
- Technical recommendations and decisions may have significant impact on the effectiveness and integrity of engineering efforts and affect future business and customer relations.
- Requires ability to negotiate and influence decisions of Company managers and customers.
|Ubicación||South Boston, Virginia, United States of America|
|Tipo de empleo||Full time|
|Función laboral||Engineering & Science|
|Fecha de publicación||2023-08-15|
|Número de referencia||R0029459|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company