Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
- You will be the engineering authority for projects with low to medium complexity, and complete assignments on small, medium, and large projects cost-effectively and by contract specifications and quality standards.
- You will be coordinating with customers, tendering & project team, the operating unit, the project manager, the supply chain manager, the engineering manager, engineering leads, secondary and civil / steel design functions, consultants, end customers, etc., and provide the required support to lead the project / tender.
- You will design authority for all engineering activities in an electrical power supply system for AC & DC Rail traction power supply (TPS) substations concerning international standards and sizing of the electrical equipment for the development of new power systems.
- You will be in interaction with sales departments and project management during both, the bid phase, and the project realization phase and collaborate with the supply chain function to ensure technical requirements for equipment & services. provide technical evaluation of supplier’s offers and provide manufacturing clearance.
- You will be participating in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers, and HE internal manufacturing units. Technical management, planning, and controlling of own engineering work package and coordinating with other engineers for systems integration and design. Review / Perform load flow simulations and prepare reports.
- You will review the outputs of the EMC and RAM study, Load flow, short circuit, and Insulation coordination studies & interface for inputs, and technical design interface between sub-systems of all AC & DC Traction Power Supply equipment within the substation.
- Thorough understanding of railway overhead catenary/third rail distribution systems. Knowing different railway technologies from an electrical perspective
- You will be preparing/reviewing the specifications for the rectifier transformer, rectifier unit and DC switchgear & auxiliary transformer, medium voltage switchgear, and technical data sheets verification of primary equipment. Knowledge of primary equipment, such as circuit breakers, disconnectors, earthing switches, instrument transformers, power transformers, etc
- You will handle vendor offer evaluations. FAT / SAT of traction power equipment, Estimation of engineering effort for each project for costing at tender stage
- You will handle technical risk and opportunity assessment and validation. Innovative ideas to reduce Engineering efforts.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity means taking responsibility for your actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You hold a bachelor’s Degree in engineering.
- Required experience of more than 10 years in Substation Engineering (GIS).
- Required CAD design tool (Autodesk Revit, 3D competence preferred).
- Proficiency in required Engineering calculation tools and standards like IEEE, IEC.
- Very good communication & networking skills and Knowledge in substation tendering and project-lead engineering activities (technical & commercial)
- Knowledge of Power Quality Solutions such as Power system Design & Power system Performance Evaluation shall be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of power traction simulation software for both AC & DC traction projects. And network Harmonic Study and Complete Understanding of Primary design aspects of substations, including SLD, layouts, overviews, site plans, duct bank and conduit layouts, grounding systems, and auxiliary power supply systems and control circuits.
- Good understanding of protection study, CT VT Sizing, Cable sizing, Protection & Control schemes, LVAC / LVDC supplies, Interlocking, Telecommunication, etc.
- Individual contributors using in-depth knowledge in a specific area to execute complex or specialized projects/challenges often thinking independently to challenge traditional solutions.
- Proficiency in English speaking, and good communication.
|Ubicación||Taipei, Taipei City, Taiwan|
|Tipo de empleo||Full time|
|Función laboral||Engineering & Science|
|Fecha de publicación||2023-08-22|
|Número de referencia||R0029170|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company