Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The mission of the CTCO is to support Country Management in ensuring that all Local Businesses conduct their activities in line with Hitachi Energy Trade policies and guidelines, as well as to coordinate the local implementation of Hitachi Energy Global Trade Program. Key focus is the oversight of compliance with all applicable customs, sanctions and export control regulations and to regularly update local management and Global Trade Compliance/Trade Management on (potential) risk areas. Additionally, the CTCO provides local business hands-on support in case of trade related issues, guidance in compliance improvement initiatives and the pursuit of strategic trade objectives. The CTCO reports directly to the Regional Head of Trade Management (RTM). Performance reviews are conducted by the RTM, with inputs from Host Manager, Head of Global Trade Compliance (HGTC) and Global Head of Trade Management (GHTM). Functional targets are set by RTM. The CTCO consults the HGTC in case of questions on trade compliance and follows instructions on trade compliance, as communicated by HGTC.
- You will serve as contact for local (national) trade compliance authorities and country management (respectively coordinate local business management) in handling trade compliance relating to Hitachi Energy (deemed) exports, cross-border shipments, customers or vendors.
- You will ensure the creation and maintenance of written trade compliance standards and procedures for all Local Businesses addressing all applicable export control, sanctions, and customs requirements.
- In relation to sanction compliance/export control, support RTM to set screening standards (Sanctioned Party List/Embargo/Product), implement guidelines for the preparation and submission of export license applications and manage, review and ensure the proper release of SAP GTS blocks, where feasible / applicable through delegation of release to the other CTCO and in line with segregation-of-duty requirements.
- You will ensure transaction-based compliance with regulatory customs requirements (country-of-origin, classification, valuation and other).
- You will cooperate closely with staff in related domains to ensure seamless connection between overall trade compliance and day-to-day operations, including master data requirements, supplier qualifications etc. Ensure development, implementation and use of an efficient (communication) platform to drive trade compliance.
- Oversee trade related archiving requirements, ensure that trade compliance records are kept and retrievable, as defined in the relevant instructions and regulations.
- Ensure, through appointed business-based Product Classification Engineers (PCEs) and responsible local business management, that all imported and exported products, software and technologies are properly classified with respect to relevant national and international export control regulations and national tariff / commodity classification. Assisting in classification for special transactions, as needed. Ensure maintenance of classification and audit trail in relevant systems (GTS, DMS and SAP or similar systems)
- Jointly with IS and local business management, ensure the effective use of Hitachi Energy’ custom and trade compliance management systems (i.e. SAP’s GTS and Document Management System), ensuring the efficient implementation of the automated screening solution, as well as the customs management functionalities, for both imports and exports.
- Support RTM to develop and implement a strategy to monitor, manage and mitigate trade compliance related risks and opportunities, including close cooperation with customs operations staff and the preparation and use of regular local internal trade reviews (audits of trade compliance) in the Local Businesses. Notify Local Business management, Group Trade Compliance and Trade Management and in-house legal counsel of any suspected trade compliance violation. Support RTM to oversee trade facilitation programs, manage and administrate authorizations and permits. Support audits of Hitachi Energy Group trade compliance and relevant authorities supervise follow-up actions.
- You will implement a trade compliance training program to ensure basic knowledge and awareness across the entire local organization and raise specific expertise where needed, in line with the Hitachi Energy Global Trade Program (incl. training framework).
- Support RTM to provide country management (respectively Lead Business management), Head of Legal North Asia and Group Trade Management) periodic updates regarding the status of the local trade compliance program and on significant changes in applicable trade regulations. Communicate trade compliance updates and promote general awareness of trade compliance in the local organization. Maintain Local Trade Compliance page on Hitachi Energy’ intranet (TC SharePoint) and country specific Trade handbook (complementary to global Trade Handbook). Support RTM to organize regular (at least quarterly) trade compliance interface (e.g., calls) for the trade compliance community in the country.
- You will ensure that Trade Compliance targets are achieved. Deliver on budget and targets within the framework.
- You will ensure, with HR, CFM, Legal and local business management support, that Trade Compliance is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed, at local business level. Guide, motivate and develop nominated TCO`s within HR policies, for the benefit of both Hitachi Energy and the employee.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- The CTCO must have several years of experience with business processes and a good understanding of export control, trade sanctions, end-to-end supply chain process, risk management and logistics.
- Required knowledge of export control and customs rules and regulations is essential, but there is room for development of expertise in the start-up phase for the role.
- In conjunction with the Global Head of Trade Management and Head of Global Trade Compliance, it is determined whether this role requires a full-time appointment, or whether responsibilities can be clustered.
- The role requires certain level of travel to the business locations (and supported countries if applicable).
- Functional reporting lines into CTCO: Local Business Line Trade Compliance Officers/representatives.
- Sufficient seniority to effectively communicate across all levels of the local business. Business mind-set, responsiveness, ownership, self-driven, willingness to explore and learn.
- Capability to train and advice local business TCO’s and Management on trade compliance topics and requirements to fulfil for a compliant business model and related business engagement and projects.
- Helpful, not mandatory: technical knowledge of products, software and applied technologies in the scope of the local businesses (willingness to learn should be there).
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English and local language (of authorities), is required.
|Ubicación||Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|Tipo de empleo||Full time|
|Función laboral||Supply Chain|
|Fecha de publicación||2023-08-29|
|Número de referencia||R0026456|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company