Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as a Civil Design Coordinator will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Dubai, UAE focusing on designing, communicating, and implementing an operational plan for completing an engineering-based project.
- Preparing design, project controls and Civil specifications, schedules, cost estimates of new infrastructure, buildings, facilities, equipment foundations, etc.
- Collecting the civil and building services design input information, drawings, loading data from electrical design section and forward to civil and building services designers / subcontractors.
- Problems facing are often complex and require extensive investigation and analysis. Requiring ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and ability to communicate and influence executive leadership.
- Monitoring progress and performing against the project plan; taking action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Identifying, developing, and gathering the resources necessary to complete the project. May include preparing engineering standards, designs, and work specifications; developing project schedules, budgets, and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, suppliers, and external contractors.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, issues, and excellent communication skills.
- Generating design deliverables list and design schedule for the pursuit.
- Coordinating and control design submittals for owner’s review and approval.
- Reviewing the conceptual drawings with electrical, civil, and building services designer/ subcontractor for proper coordination to avoid clashes during construction stage.
- Tracking the development of design deliverables, ensuring quality and on-time completion.
- Promote value engineering and optimized design for all Civil Design deliverables.
- Conducting meetings, reviews, prepare documentation and assist the Project Manager and Civil Manager in preparation of contractual communication to owner and subcontractors.
- Reviewing the material submittal & shop drawings submittal in line with specifications and approved Construction drawings before submitting to O/E for approval.
- Liaising with O/E for timely approval of material & Shop drawing submittal.
- Conducting site meetings with civil site manager and subcontractor(s) to review the construction methods to expedite the progress.
- Facilitating coordination meetings for each of the above to move them forward.
- Participating and facilitating design review meetings with owner, stakeholders, and operators to advance design packages.
- Auditing the drawings for all disciplines on a regular basis for completeness and adherence to standards for assigned projects. Ensures all drawings, for all disciplines, are properly checked.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil engineering (preferred in structural engineering).
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
Dubai, Dubai Emirate, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
|Tipo de empleo||Full time|
|Función laboral||Engineering & Science|
|Contrato||Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)|
|Fecha de publicación||2023-09-12|
|Número de referencia||R0018289|
Interested in working with us?
The best jobs in a performing and growing company