|Lieu||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Performing simulations and dimensioning and filter design solutions for the right performance of the HVDC systems.
- Assessments and evaluations of preconditions, including customer and regulatory requirements, and follow-up of performance while using measurements on-site.
- Understanding and designing of Electrical Power Systems and controls.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering with Master of Engineering in Power System.
- 2 - 10 years of experience in Power Systems studies and modelling of electrical network.
- Understanding and design of Electrical Power Systems and controls.
- Preferably knowledge on IEC/IEEE standards.
- Preferably Understanding application of Power Electronics in HV/EHV system like HVDC and FACTS.
- Proven skills in using computers as a calculation tool.
- Preferably experience of power system simulation tools such as EMTDC /PSCAD and calculations in Matlab/Mathcad.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems equipment and their purpose, such as Power Transformers, Capacitors, Reactors, Instrument Transformer and measuring equipment, Circuit Breakers, Disconnector, Surge Arrester etc.
- Knowledge in selection, sizing and integration of above equipment based on customer functional specification.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill with Fluent English.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”