|Lieu||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Ensure activities related to all engineering disciplines within the area of responsibility are efficiently executed, in accordance with the contract specification, quality standards and safety requirements, ready to be submitted to customers.
- Secure the completeness of the assigned packages and correct function of the resulting substation system.
- Confirm the engineering is developed, taken into consideration the complete information and all inter discipline checks has been conducted, the results are documented in the project specific storage area.
- Solves problems that appear during engineering development.
- Focus on cost-efficient system solutions and act as a design authority for engineering deliverables in all applicable engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for on Time, on Budget delivery of the design packages with strong application of highest quality standards.
- Report and keep records for all engineering changes and visit customer offices to get approvals for design packages by having technical discussions with customers
- Ensure compliance with Hitachi and Client engineering guidelines, standards and quality across the complete engineering process.
- Co-ordinate clarify with engineers, sub-contractors and suppliers technical issues (within the assigned scope of work) and technical interfaces. Inform PU Lead regular about the activities and status.
- Collaborate with the site team, attend site during construction phase if necessary.
- Contribute to the risk & opportunity register, by communicating observations
- Prepare BoQ’s & technical part of the equipment specification as input to the purchase requisitions
- Contribute to the Up-to-date design issue log.
- Degree in Electrical/Power Engineering.
- 8-10 years’ experience in substation design with focus on system design.
- Exposure to Capacitor and filters product portfolio.
- Sound knowledge of transmission and distribution practices (up to 400kV) & Substation engineering
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- Understanding of CAD/CAE applications and tools.
- Sound understanding of electronic records management systems.
- Ability to summarize meeting outcomes.
- High attention to detail and quality.
- Able to work with priorities and identify conflicts.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD.