|Lieu||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Type de rôle||Senior professionals ( > 5 years of work experience)|
You as Senior System Test Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy business-based Bangalore, you will be responsible for our growing R&D team. you will work closely with the SVC team in Baden, Switzerland, Global R&D teams, and various Business Units of Hitachi Energy to build and shape the verification and validation center in India.
- Define test concepts and test specifications for substation automation systems and solutions in close collaboration with the global SVC team and product management.
- Ensure the test system is set up and test activities are delivered adhering to SVC operational principles.
- Technically responsible to ensure the mutual consistency and efficient integration of several subsystems, easy-to-maintain, and extendible software that meets the product specification.
- Ensure the test strategy and process framework are always up to date and aligned with global Verification & Validation principles.
- Detect and immediately report any deviations to the engineering specifications, inputs, or targets and initiate corrective actions.
- Create high-quality guidelines and concept descriptions that support our global system integration units in the efficient execution of projects.
- Improve existing test techniques to constantly improve testing processes as well as Hitachi Energy’s substation automation systems and components.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of the test environment (e.g., laboratory equipment, licenses, tools).
- Report and regularly communicate the progress of scheduled activities to the SVC lead and
- Support technically the SVC operations with your expertise in Substation Automation Systems, IEC 61850 Standards, keenness to learn testing methodologies, and continuous improvement in the execution of tasks contributing to the efficient functioning of solution validation & verification center.
- Bachelor / Master in Power Systems or Electrical or Electronics or IT or Telecommunications or Instrumentation Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design, engineering, testing, and commissioning of substation automation systems.
- Good understanding of IEC 61850 standards, Other Substation Automation Communications Protocols like DNP3.0 IEC-60870, and Various Substation Automation Products & Systems.
- Understand or be open to learning telecommunications networks.
- Knowledge of system testing approaches and processes with a focus on System Integration (Preferably, ISTQB Foundation Level certification is an added benefit).
- With your visionary, learning, and positive attitude personality you drive and ensure the implementation of the business strategy (Or Operational Principles) defined by SVC.
- Your entrepreneurial mindset and creativity enable you to develop new SVC services and offerings that take our system business to the next level.
- Very good writing and communication skills to ensure that SVC is represented in a highly professional manner.
- Fluency in English written and spoken
- Availability to travel when required (up to 20%)
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com